“Nice Restaurant...If you can find it”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #18 of 88 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My wife and I ate here on a cold night. We were travelling through the area, it was getting late, and we were looking for a place to eat. We pulled off of I-95 in Smithfield, NC and started searching for a restaurant. We could see a Bob Evans sign a short distance away, so we started heading for that sign. There is a lot of road construction in the area, so we had trouble actually getting to the restaurant. Eventually, after stopping and asking for directions on how to navigate the construction maze, we got there. It was close to closing time and we were the only customers there. Our server, Blair, came right over and greeted us and explained some of the menu selections. She answered all of our questions in the most pleasant manner. We ordered, and before our food arrived, Blair brought us a basket of assorted breads/cakes. They were all very good. Our food arrived shortly. I ordered a hot pot roast sandwich and my wife ordered blueberry cheese crepes. The food was attractive and very tasty. I also had a salad which was generously sized. For dessert, I chose a chocolate bread pudding which was warm and delicious.

This is a family-type restaurant and the prices are quite reasonable. The place was very clean. The manager was extremely friendly and attentive. Overall, it was a very satisfactory experience. I just hope this restaurant will be easier to find when the construction in the area is completed.

2  Thank Charles G

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Food was terrific, and so was the service. It was near our hotel, and we eat there often. You can eat there with confidence.

Reviewed December 21, 2013

Recently went here while shopping in Smithfield and was this ever a mistake!! We had to wait for a very long time and while waiting, we saw two different tables get up and leave because it had been so long waiting for their food. This, too, crossed our minds to leave, but our food finally came, which I can only say was just barely okay. Needless to say, won't be going to any Bob Evans restaurants again!!

1  Thank ElaineGreenville_NC
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Had the combo steak dinner and wife had the salad with chicken. The salad was small and overpriced for the quality/quantity. My combo included salad and dessert and steak was cooked as ordered, it was tender ant the salad was actually larger than wife's she had as an entree.
Do not order salad as a main course is the take home message.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

While staying at a local hotel, we ventured to Bob Evans which was right next door for a quick dinner being very tired from a long drive. Never having eaten at a Bob Evans we were a little skiddish about what to expect. Hubby had a salmon dinner which he said was good and I opted for a sandwich...Farmer's club or something like that with fries. That also was very good and filling. The first thing they ask is if you want their bread and what kind...they mentioned three kinds I believe. Since I was having a sandwich I told hubby to pick one of his choice. He chose the gingerbread bread and he said it was delicious and was more like a cake. He did consume most of it. Our water was refilled without asking and waitress returned several times to ask if we needed anything. Overall, very satisfied and would return to Bob Evans again. Prices very reasonable.