“Slow, slow slooooooooooooooow, slooo...”
Review of Bob Evans

Bob Evans
Ranked #15 of 90 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Description: Discover Farm-Fresh Goodness
Reviewed August 1, 2013

We overslept at a nearby hotel and strolled in for the standard Bob Evans Sausage Experience at 1045. I expect hot coffee, tasty, salty food that is horrible for me pretty fast, a clean bathroom and a quick exit. There were maybe two other occupied tables-definitely more staff than customers. Breakfast took over 30 minutes. Maybe 45. Food was the BA standard, no better and no worse. Bathroom was clean. Getting refills or anything took forever too. This is roadside eating-things need to move quite a bit faster.

Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Went to its place with the family and service was incredibly slow. I thoigh it was us but 3 other tables had to ask for their dinners? Waitresses were all hanging out by the counter chatting, two people got up to get them for water refills. I have been to many Bob Evans and this one was really strange. It was incredibly quiet inside, just waitresses staring at customers waiting for customers to get fed up enough to have to flag them down. There were 8 customers and dinner for four people took 60 minutes from order till we got our food. I would not take my family to another Bob Evans ever again.

2  Thank Celling
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Nice Takeout menu if you are staying at one of the many hotels in the area .
Portions were generous and service was quick .

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Our waitress was very attentive and friendly. The food was prepared to our specifications and in quick order. The overall dining experience was good.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was very good when we finally got it. I had soup and sandwich and my wife had just pancakes. First it took 10 minutes just to get water on the table after ourorserver asked. Then after we orfered it's took another 20 minutes for our food. Mean while we have emptied our glasses waiting for quick meals and had to wave our server down at the table next to us to get more water. He brought out our food and in the process dumped the pancakes on the floor. Great! The warm syrup made it before the dumping.

After this I asked for our water again and after a few minutes it came. The pancakes took another 10 minutes to get 5 more pancakes made that came out with no butter or syrup. Ofcourse the warm syrup that made It was cold. So I asked him if this was normal that no butter was served with pancakes. So he brings 3 little tubs of butter.

He apologized for dumping the meal followed by I've been here for 4 years and this only has happened 2 times. I can accept the apology of dumping but it was the other stuff I don't understand. It's not totally the servers fault as the management never came by our table to check on us, and why does it take 10 minutes for 5 pancakes with no butter or syrup to be made.?

I think corporate needs to check this place and retrain from the top down. I had to ask for the manager at the register and asked to be comped for the pancakes. That should have been an automatic thing that the manager himself should have offered plus free dessert or something. i will not go back and now understand why the parking lot looked sparse of cars.