“Good meal”

La Cocina Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 88 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I ended up at this restaurant when my cousin and I couldn't wait an hour for a table at the Outback early in May. No matter! We ended up at La Cocina and it was GREAT. Good food, nice service. The only bad thing is that they don't have anywhere to wait for a table -- we didn't wait long but the entrance is VERY small and we were crammed in like sardines. People going out had to squeeze by us - and I mean squeeze too - I haven't had that much body contact before dinner in a long time! By the time we got to our table I was not in a good mood -- but our waitress was patient and attentive, the food was good, and she got my first beer quickly and happily. All good. The food was very good and a good value.

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants ever. The food is always soo delicious and comes out quick. The price is fair too. im always very satisfied when i leave

Reviewed January 5, 2013

fantastic food, good price, great service. and sports playing for the most part. monday thru thursday 99 cent drafts on all beers.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

This place was recommended to me as the best Mexican in Smithfield by a couple of people. I was not impressed. The rice was soggy. The salsa had a strong taste of canned tomatoes. My food was so-so; not great, not awful. ther service was good and they have lots of beer specials. I won't be back. I'll try El Sombrero next.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

This was horrible. The only thing that was good were the beans. The rice was the worst thing on the plate, so bad that my daughter won't even eat rice at our local Mexican restaurant anymore. The service was fine however but nothing extra ordinary.