“Best Seafood Ever”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Boonsboro, Maryland
“Best Seafood Ever”
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We stop every year going to Fl. and coming back. One of the best restaurant from Md. to Fl. Just wish we had one in Boonsboro, Md

• Visited December 2013

Upstate New York
“We fell in love with the hushpuppies!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We're from the North so we don't ever eat hush puppies, but they bring a basket out to you instead of bread. Sooooooo addictive! The barbecue pork was excellent but I found the beans kind of can-like and mushy. Brunswick Stew was very good. Our waitress, Shannon, was terrific and that made the experience even better.

• Visited October 2013
raleigh
“Really good fish/seafood”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I have eaten here numerous times, and everything on the menu is great! You cannot go wrong with the family style option of fried chicken, barbeque, and sides. The fried chicken is crispy on the outside, and incredibly juicy and flavorful on the inside. The barbeque is lightly seasoned, but the restaurant provides extra sauce if you want more punch. Hushpuppies? The best! But you really need to try the fried seafood. I don't know how a restaurant located in the middle of the state serves better fried seafood than virtually every restaurant located on the coast of North and South Carolina, but they do. If you are in Johnston County, you need to try this place. You will not be disappointed,

1 Thank mgm819
Wilmington, North Carolina
“Get Grilled Pork Chops”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Have eaten here several times while in town for work. I like the BBQ and other items that I and co-workers have ordered, but I must say that they have some of the best grilled pork chops I have ever eaten. I highly recommend this restaurant.

If you are traveling through on I-95 and looking for a local eatery: THIS IS IT!

Any place that gives you a piece of sheet cake when you sit down and a pitcher of sweet tea is going to be on my short list.

1 Thank GuyfromILMNC
Winston-Salem, NC
“Great meal at the Holt Lake Bar B Que”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I really enjoyed this restaurant. I had the fried fish, which was excellent, and other family members had the barbecue. It is east Carolina barbecue - so it is a little different than most people expect. If you have not had this type of barbecue before you should try it - this is a great place to have it.

The ambience is a little quiet - no music and not much on the walls.

Service is extremely good - very friendly.
I hope to visit again!