“Delish!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holt Lake Bar-B-Que & Seafood

Holt Lake Bar-B-Que & Seafood
Ranked #8 of 87 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Barbecue
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delish!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were met at the door with a friendly hello and we're promptly seated. The menu has plenty to offer and the prices were great. Our food was served very quickly and every bite was outstanding. We'll definitely be returning to try the Family Style all you can eat!

• Visited January 2013

Washington Nc
“Great Southern Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I always stop here if I am in the area! This place is like going to eat at your Mama's or Granny's house , the food is best comfort / southern food you will find in the area. Every dish I have ordered here has been first rate. I do recommend the fried chicken livers, my last dish ordered here. Service ,pricing and menu selection are great.

• Visited January 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Mmmmmmm...good food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

This is an excellent place to eat. Prices very good and an excellent selection. They have lunch specials until 2:00 each day. My favorite is the bar-b-cue....no one does it better....staff is very courtesy and service is quick and friendly..... A plus for Smithfield and Johnston County.

• Visited November 2012
Townsend, TN
“One of My Favorite Mom and Pop Restaurants EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

We went tonight for the first time and loved it. We will be going back tomorrow, our last day in this area. On Tuesday nights they have all-you-can-eat fried shrimp with two sides. Brunswick Stew is one of the regular sides, and it is delicious! I got boiled potatoes and dipped them in the Brunswick Stew - delish! My husband got potato salad and cole slaw with his shrimp and thought all was very, very good. The hush puppies are good, too. They have specials each day for lunch and different ones for supper. They also have some sides available on certain days, in addition to a large list they offer every day. The all-you-can-eat shrimp with the two sides was $8.00. We may get the pork bbq and white chicken combo tomorrow for $8.00, too. Everything looked really, really good. We may change our minds several times before we get there! Highly, HIGHLY recommend this place!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank rubydoodle
Darby, Montana
“You will leave here STUFFED”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

As a fan of North Carolina BBQ and Seafood I went to this place based on the reviews from here and all I can say is you will leave this place feeling like " Mr. Creosote " ( from the monty python movie the meaning of life )
The place has a nice feel to it as you come in, the waitress's are very friendly and make you feel like a local. I ordered the shrimp and scallops with some boiled potatos and turnip greens. I am glad I asked my waitress on the size of the portions because they give you a huge amount of food. The shrimp and scallops were cooked to perfection, the greens had a nice hint of bacon/pork flavor and the taters were ( well just like mom made ) You also get a basket of hushpuppies ( have some by all means but fair warning here they do fill you up ) and to finish it off they give you a nice little bowl of " Nanner puddin " that is just like grandma used to make. I sit here now just wanting to take a nap from being so full ( and my bill was under $15 ) including a nice tip. I highly recommend if you are in the area to stop by this place. When you leave you will not even want a " Waffer thin dinner mint "

• Visited August 2012