“made it a favorite in my g.p.s.”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Everything in my room worked. Mini fridge, micro wave, flat screen tv, there are lots of counter top areas avail, large closet space,furniture is a bit tattered. When getting out of the bathtub I had nothing to hold on to, so I think maybe a rail or something could be put at the end where your head is rather than just where the faucet/fixtures are.(not skinny or young) there's also a pleasant courtyard area right outside the dining area. There is a work out room-the treadmill is on the blink, the bike seat won't adjust backwards and the tension/elevation settings won't change, there's a pool available.
breakfast was hot and good and replenished whenever needed. I must add that during breakfast there is a very nice lady that keeps that area clean, its like she hears you spilling/dropping things mid air. she's awesome. Easy check in/out. elevators and parking available for a few trucks/rv's.easy on/off I95.
There are a few restaurants in the area a little to far away for walking(no sidewalks in this area)
no Chinese food delivery.
fyi: if you need to make arrangements for a guest/guests to stay here, please call ahead regarding payment instructions they are very clear and it will save you/guest the confusion later.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

Many hotels to pick from on this exit but this one is outstanding. This hotel is not near the train tracks but next to the Outlets. Very spacious & clean with great bedding. Room had microwave and refrigerator. Stay includes Free Hot breakfast with scrambled eggs, tasty sausage links, waffles, muffins, cereal, yogurt, bananas, apples and oranges etc. Small fitness room with one treadmill, a bike and all in one weight machine. Great place to stay half way through NC.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 17, 2012

This Comfort Inn was a great stop. It is located by Bob Evans and good factory outlet shopping center. There are alot of decent places to eat handy. The property is new and so everything is in great shape. The breakfast bar good and clean. The rooms were clean and large. In fact it was so good it blends into my memories of the trip. It is easy to write a review of a defective property because those things are readily remembered. With me the five circles don't come easy, don't own rose colored glasses. STAY THERE!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Staying at this Comfort Inn changed my views on this hotel chain. We initially stopped needing a Saturday night stay on the road following Easter week. Most hotels were already full and we were very glad they were! We ended up staying at this gem with excellent front desk staff, huge rooms and immaculate interiors. We definitely have found a new hotel as our halfway point between Canada and Florida! This hotel had already reached their limit in honoring room saver coupons, but at least they were honoring them! Most of the other hotels we tried refused the coupons even if they had rooms available!

Room Tip: Check out the Carolina outlet mall next door! We found some great deals!
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed here on our way to FL. It was not the first time we stayed and it won't be the last. The hotel is conveniently located off I-95. There are several restaurants in the area. The clerk who checked us in was accommodating when we asked to change our room to one that was not next to the elevator, The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was what you would expect but I wish they had yogurt. The room was constantly being cleaned up when we were there.

Reviewed April 4, 2012

If you are in the Smithfield, NC area, I highly recommend you stay at the Comfort Inn. This is a very clean hotel. The atmosphere was great to be in. The people at the front desk was real helpful with information about the hotel and information about the area. The rooms were great and had a very nice continental breakfast variety. Especially if you are not a smoker, this is a smoke free hotel. If you are in the area, try it, you will be truly satisfied.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 1, 2012

the hotel is very nice and the staff is very helpful. there are plenty of great places to eat at around the area also

Room Tip: I always say if you can get a room on the top floor you will hear less noise
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield
Best Western Smithfield Inn
Best Western Smithfield Inn
#1 of 10 in Smithfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!