“Great place to stay”

There are newer reviews for Best Western Smithfield Inn

Reviewed December 5, 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have stayed in another motel in Smithfield North Carolina but it was not as nice as the Best Western. The breakfast bar was much better and the WiFi was much better. Will stay here again. The location is good because it is far enough off I-95 to be quiet.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jerry-retired
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Based on reviews we again stopped here on our way to Williamsburg and were pleasantly surprised that after a break in our routine this hotel is still an outstanding value, a clean and comfortable room & quiet. We have stayed here in past & changed for change sake and have returned. Breakfast was good with a variety to start the day off when you need to get going. One thought, if a "bolder" coffee could be offered along with regular, I'm one of those who loves a stronger morning coffee so if that can be figured down the road would add that extra spark to the morning. Just keep to your standards and quality and you'll stay strong and a coice.

Room Tip: If you have a room in the back you will hear the train, a light whistle sound during the night. We h...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank OGirl75
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Smithfield North Carolina is an excellent stopping point when travelling. It has consistent chain restaurants so you will know what you are going to get, outlet shops and many motels.

With Best Western you are not certain what type and quality of motel it will be i.e. new or old.

This new Best Western is a gem. It is clean, has caring help, excellent rooms and a very good breakfast included. It is located very close to restaurants and shopping.

Because there are so many motels in Smithfield it is suggested that you do not make an advance reservation. Instead pick up a discount book at any rest stop, show up and most times you will be able to get a very low rate, This motel is highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed December 2, 2012

The "best" best western I have ever stayed at. Very clean and everything in the room was well maintained. Spacious rooms. Great shower pressure. I didn't try the hotel breakfast so I can't comment on it. I will keep coming back here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nettekem
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We've stayed at two other places in Smithfield and prefer this one the most now. We are already booked for another stay in a couple of weeks and then will be booking for two stays late in the winter. The room was spacious and well-kept and clean. The bedding was comfortable. The train didn't bother us much since the sound from the ventilation system in the room acted as a "white out" for that train. (I'm not sure if the train would be bothersome if they go to a central ventilation system, which makes no noise in the room.) The front desk was very pleasant and helpful.....reacting right away when I pointed out the orange juice at breakfast needed to be refilled. Breakfast was pretty standard. I can't comment on the indoor pool as it was closed for maintenance when we were there but I hope it's open when we return as it looked inviting. If I have to find anything to criticize...it would be the location of the toilet paper holder in the bathroom in the room where we were (and maybe in all rooms). It was a real stretch to reach it! Also....the towels are pretty scratchy. I'm not sure if it's the quality of the towel or if it's due to the washing process, but I'd prefer softer towels than most of the ones we had....although one was pretty soft and that one actually appeared to be a different towel than the others....so maybe it's the quality of some of the towels. I would recommend this as a very nice place to stay......good location with many restaurant and shopping choices nearby and very convenient to I-95.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to get an end room on the third floor and we didn't hear anyone else during...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PatMillsboro_DE
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95

Been to Best Western Smithfield Inn? Share your experiences!