“Clean quiet hotel with uncomfortable bed”

Best Western Smithfield Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel is very clean, quiet and the front desk staff are very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice, but the bed was too soft and sort of lumpy. This was surprising given the quality of the rest of the hotel. The bed was bearable for a one night stay. I would have given this hotel a 5 star rating had the bed been better.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Middle of all the stuff at this exit. Indoor pool, basic breakfast, and friendly staff. Room was clean and I could make it dark enough to sleep. Only one elevator. Most $ than I wanted to pay but cleaner and nicer than I expected so it worked out. Fridge and microwave.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2012

One of the nicest hotels I have stayed in for the price. The rooms were Very clean. It had great show head I am looking for one for my own shower. Hotels never put good shower heads in there room this one did

Room Tip: West side quiet rooms
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Our 3rd time staying at this hotel as we were driving on I 95 from Florida to Pa. This time we found a super internet price of $65 for our overnite stay on August 30th.This hotel definately says the old saying of" MRS.CLEAN LIVES HERE"...The rooms are spotless and the bathrooms which I must say disgust me if i find mold growing on the shower walls..not at this place..spic and span!..The night check in clerk was super nice and helpful and you could tell she loved her job..the one in the morning..well she did not appear enthusiastic at alll and since she is the 1st impression when a customer walks in than maybe that job is not for her?It wasnt appropriate for her to be airing her dirty laundry to the lady in the breakfast area..people are always hearing what you say so remember that.One other thing..possibly they could get 2 more luggage rolling racks..very hard to snag one on checkout...people must hide them in their rooms overnite?Getting back to the hotel I would totally recommend this hotel to all..great place right next door to all the outlets...

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This is a clean, quiet, very well maintained hotel, everything worked, the staff was helpful, great location near I-95 but not noisy. Perfect stop when traveling to South Carolina. I would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank ReluctantTravlr
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Nice accomodations and free hot breakfast midway between Florida and New England. Easily accessible from I-95. Adjacent to Carolina Outlets and 2 miles from JR Cigars. We were on our way to Charleston, SC from PA. Stopped after 9 hours due to nasty traffic weekend before labor day and only took four more hours the next day to reach Charleston.

Room Tip: Stay in the back for a better nite sleep. No place to sit while outside enjoying a cigar.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We drove from the northeast to Orlando and this hotel was about halfway. It was clean and comfortable and right off the interstate. There are restaurants nearby and a nice ( what I have come to think of as standard) breakfast. The price was reasonable and the staff was very friendly. We were so pleased with it on the way down that we decided to stop there for the evening on the way back home. I would recommend this hotel to anyone making that drive down 95.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nixie-USA
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95

Been to Best Western Smithfield Inn? Share your experiences!