“Great Value”

Best Western Smithfield Inn
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Our family of four stayed here for one night on the way to the Outer Banks. We found the hotel easily as it’s just off the I95 and is located close to restaurants and next door to the Premium Outlet mall.

The hotel is a nice property and looked fairly new. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, allowing us to check out a little later after our shopping trip at the mall. We were given two adjoining rooms. We had a king size bed and our teenage sons had two queen sized all very comfortable. The rooms were very clean with decent furnishings and a good sized bathroom. Even though we were close to the elevator we all slept very well with no noise issues whatsoever.

The breakfast area looked fresh and appealing and again very clean. The selection was standard fare but well stocked. We didn’t use the pool but as several other reviewers have mentioned it’s very small.

For a great stay you can’t beat this for the value. Very pleased and wouldn’t hesitate staying here again in the future.

1  Thank rossq
There are newer reviews for Best Western Smithfield Inn

Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed here on our way from NJ to FL. Lots of shopping and restaurants around, easy on and off the interstate, fantastic breakfast in the am. My daughter enjoyed the indoor pool.
We needed a couple of essentials and the front desk was able to give us directions to a nearby CVS.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank Maura D
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Clean Rooms,friendly staff,Nice breakfast,excellent pool and clean rooms and maid service is excellent.First time ever staying at a Best Western.Night staff was great!allowed us to have a late checkout without any worries at all.
I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on I95 in or out of North Carolina.You will not be disappointed by this property.

Congratulations to management staff for keeping a beautiful property.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Let me start off by saying this hotel is very clean, friendly staff. So am I am giving it a bad review.

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SLEEP.

The walls are made out of toliet paper - never in my hundreds of travels was I able to hear a conversation that was taking place one floor above me. It really was as if the people were sitting on the bed beside me.

Everytime someone sneezed, walked, talked it was as if all was taking place in my room.

This is a hotel, people come and go at all hours and I got zero sleep -- and who can I complain to ? No one becasue the other guest weren't doing anything wrong, they were just going about their normal business same as I was.

Very hard to get rest with the pillow crammed over my head. -- NEVER stay here if sleep is something you want to do.

How can a company like best western build such a hotel - it blows my mind. I guess rest for their clients wasn't on best westerns list of priorities.

1  Thank Danny K
Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed one night driving to the beach. Very clean, great service and very nice breakfast!! If you have kids looking to swim I would stay somewhere with a larger pool. Pool is very small...it was nice when just our family was in it but it got crowded and my 8 year old was asking to leave because there were too many people. If swimming is not important, for the price, this is an excellent place to stay!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our way traveling on 95. Friendly customer service, clean room and no hassles. Continental breakfast was better than most restaurants on the 95 corridor. Great value. Keep up the good work Best Western!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The Best Western Smithfield Inn is a great place to stop when traveling on 95. It is very close to the exit as well as very close to the Premium Outlets and several restaurants.

The hotel was VERY clean and seemed new. Our room was very comfortable. The staff was friendly during check-in/check-out. The free breakfast is very basic (waffles, bagels, muffins, cereal, fruit, yogurt, microwave biscuits...) however it is well stocked and fresh. There were plenty of tables to sit at in the breakfast area.

The only drawback would be the pool. It is VERY small and VERY hot in the pool room. At one point there were about 8 kids in the pool and it was crowded.

Overall, this was a very good place to stay and I would not hesitate to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95

Been to Best Western Smithfield Inn? Share your experiences!