“A Pleasant stay with my wife”

Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews on TripAdvisor and there was none that was negative. I found that very odd considering someone always have something bad to say about something. So I decided to see for myself. When I arrived at the hotel the gentleman at the front desk whose name was Steve allowed me to check out the room before we checked in. Steve who had a very big smile on his face had informed us that he had been running on overtime but still was happy to be here and working for this hotel. we checked the hotel room and it was extremely clean and the big bonus was it had a hot tub in the room. In fact the entire hotel looks very clean an updated. We were planning on staying overnight but since we had such a great experience we stayed an extra night. Anytime we come through this town we're planning on stopping here. I think you guys should do the same.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
mboyette, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

A Pleasant Stay With My Wife as the headliner from a Trip Senior Reviewer is just about the best way we know to start the day! You gave us a tremendous review and we are more than delighted that you loved our new Design to Dream redo throughout the hotel!! You are so right about Stephen. He is one of the nicest Front Desk agents in our team. He just has a heart of gold and so enjoys he providing top notch service to each of our guests. We congratulate Stephen on his guest assistance which led to you staying an extra night with us. Thank you for making us #1 on your list of places to stay when you are in our neighborhood.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

My best friend and I came down for the Scotty McCreery / Eric Paslay concert and was looking for an affordable, nice hotel to stay at. So very happy happy happy we chose to stay here! Mary Boyette was super cool, sweet, very helpful & friendly! Will definitely be coming back here to stay next time we are in this area! Thanks to all of the staff members we met while we were here.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
mboyette, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Wow!! What a wonderful weekend we had with you visiting us for the Scotty McCleery & Eric Paslay concert Saturday night!! The Scotty fans were just walking on Cloud 9 knowing they were going to see the American Idol winner! We had a lot of fun and enjoyed your visit with us so much. We are thrilled that you found us to be a nice and affordable hotel for this great event. I appreciate so much your compliments for excellent guest service. I can only tell you it was truly a pleasure to have you with us. We are hoping all the memories you collected this weekend will last a lifetime!

Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stopped here in May on our way back North because it was near all these neat outlets. Then we got there too late to enjoy the outlets! But we liked being able to walk to a nearby Mexican restaurant.....there was even a choice of 2 Mexican restaurants in walking distance. Otherwise this hotel is right off I 95 and very convenient. And the front desk person was very friendly. The breakfasts at the Sleep In are not the greatest but the senior rates are great.

Room Tip: No issues with any room!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
mboyette, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

They say that Love is a two way street and your review of " Love Our Sleep Inns" is just the kind of road we love to travel down. You are so right...the Carolina Premium Outlets are just around the block from us. Trouble is there is just too many great shops and delicious merchandise from which to choose! You really must come back when you can spend a day over there scouting out bargain after bargain. Thank you for noting our great location, super Front Desk staff, and relaxing, enjoyable stay! We have just upgraded our Hot Breakfast to include scrambled eggs, sausage, hot waffles, cheese, fruit, yogurt, cereal, Danish and English muffins. I think you'll be pleased when you come again, dear Top Contributor.

MBoyette, Sales Director

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My company put me up in this hotel for a week of training. The location of the hotel was right off of I95 and inside the Carolina Premium Outlets which gave me access to awesome restaurants and shopping after the training hours. The hotel lobby, breakfast/common area, and room/bathroom was very clean and inviting. The bed was comfortable and the decor was updated. Staff (Lisa Tunstall in particular) was very friendly and accommodating. Lisa met me at the front door, already knew my name and check-in information, and provided me directions to where I had to go for my training. I would highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Awesome Experience is certainly a very fine way to start a conversation about your recent stay with us! You cannot imagine what a treat it is for us to have our guests respond to us this way. It just says that we are doing something right when it comes to offering our guests a top notch facility just off I-95. Our new Design to Dream renovation has all our guests thrilled with the new, new very chic design. We thank Lisa for excellent service for your stay. We are looking forward to the next time you can come again. It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us anytime.

Reviewed May 17, 2014

Stayed at this outsanding Sleep Inn on our way down to Myrtle Beach Bike Week. Clean and well maintained rooms, lobby, elevators, etc. Staff was extremely friendly and were able to find us 2 rooms right next to each other. If I am ever back in this area I would not stay at any other hotel! True Gem!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
mboyette, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

TRUE GEM is just about the best rating we have received!! Your ranking of outstanding, clean and well maintained hotel with top notch friendly, kind, and helpful Front Desk staff shows us that our guests know we are all about serving them. We want your stay to be the very best possible. This way we can be assured that you will come back, knowing you can trust us to always be ready to serve you in anyway possible. We consider it a pleasure to have you as our guest!

Reviewed May 17, 2014

The check in people are friendly and helpful. Our room was large and clean. The beds were as comfortable as we have ever slept in. Breakfast was typical hotel breakfast. Highly recommend this hotel. We were traveling from Massachusetts to myrtle beach,sc for vacation. This was a nice break. Certainly would stay here again..

• Stayed: May 2014

We agree that it is just terrific to find a nice relaxing, pleasant, friendly oasis just off I-95 when in route to Myrtle Beach! It makes you a little more rested to begin your beach stay. We are conveniently located about 21/2 hours away from Myrtle Beach, and enjoy having lots of guests who are on the way or coming back from the beaches in North Carolina and Myrtle. We appreciate you recommending us so highly with new super comfy beds and fresh hot breakfast included. We hope to see you again soon whenever you are coming our way!

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Great staff, beds were terrific & rooms were clean. Very close to restaurants and next door to a great outlet mall. Thought the road construction practically next door was going to be a problem in the morning but it wasn't even an issue. Great place to relax after a long drive. Will stay again soon when in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
mboyette, Director of Sales at Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

You really know how to make us smile by leading off with Great Staff, Comfy beds and Clean, clean rooms. Once you make it from I-95 to our front door, you completely forget about the rest of the world and enter a Sleep Inn "design to dream" platinum award winning property. The ambience is modern, sleek style with an emphasis on resting and relaxing from the weary travels of the road. The only thing that could make us happier is to see you when you return.

Sales Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95

Been to Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield? Share your experiences!