“Nicest Fairfield Inn I have stayed in!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Don't know the age of this hotel, but it is super clean/updated/safe feeling, and pleasant looking. Every staff member we encountered was gracious, helpful, and kind. The breakfast, complete with newspaper, was just perfect.
It was also nice that we walked to the Outback steakhouse next door and then walked to the outlet mall.
Would be my first choice if there again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Luis R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. FIS Smithfield will be 10 months old March 18th; I will make sure to share your kind words with my team.
Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed one night at this Fairfield. I think it is one of the nicest Fairfield hotels. Everything looked new and clean. The buffet breakfast was very nice; eggs, fruit, waffles etc. Staff was very helpful. The business center had some glitches (printer issues etc). I am sure the management will take care of them soon. I highly recommend this hotel. I think it deserves 3-stars.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Luis R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I will make sure to address the glitches you experienced with our business center as soon as possible. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Stayed at the Smithfield Fairfield Inn & Suites a couple of nights ago on my way from Pa. to Fl. Enjoyed my overnight stay - I was able to walk across the parking lot to the Outback Steakhouse and have a nice dinner. The gym was perfect for me, with a treadmill and free weights to get my exercise program accomplished. The only thing that would have made it perfect would be an exercise mat. Had to do my "floor" exercises on the floor! The front desk staff was very helpful with the couple of questions I had about the area. This will be my new "first stop" on the way to the Sunshine State from now ow.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Luis R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. Great suggestion, I will make sure to share your idea with my team. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We did one night on the way home from florida. The hotel was ok.They have plenty of shopping locally and places to eat! They had a Small gym and they offer a free breakfast that was adequate. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 5, 2014

This property is newly redone and beautiful. Staff is friendly and helpful. It was very, very clean.

They even have a great selection in the snack fridge including great choices of ice cream.

Breakfast was a average for this type of hotel

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gail S
Luis R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Thank you for your comments. We are very fortunate to have so many great reviews here on TripAdvisor and I greatly appreciate you adding your experience. I will make sure to share your kind words with my team. Thank you again for the wonderful feedback!

Reviewed January 27, 2014

As others have pointed out there is road construction which was a little confusing but of course that has nothing to do with the Inn. We found our room to be clean as well as any where that we went in the Inn. Not a big thing, no pun intended, but the closet seemed unusually small. That was not a problem for us as we were only there for the night.

I should have remembered her name, but would like to point out how helpful the desk person was in the morning, she could not do enough for us AND I think she had been up all night as she said she started at 11PM!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a fairly new property, built (I believe) in 2013. It still has a 'new-ness" factor which is refreshing. Check-in went smoothly.

The room (307) was comfortably appointed, with plenty of space for a couple of guests. Wi-fi worked well.

The water controls for the bathroom sink were loose in their placement, but not a problem.

Water pressure in the tub/shower seemed a bit low, but again, not enough to be a problem.

Excellent, tasty breakfast, with hot and cold foods. (I think Marriott generally does breakfast better than some other chains.)

Convenient to I-95, and adjacent to Carolina Premium Outlets, and several good restaurants. We chose Outback. Cracker Barrel and Bob Evans and others are nearby.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Luis R, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Luis Rivas, General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95? Share your experiences!