“Another Dependable HI Express”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
“Another Dependable HI Express”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express provided us with a clean and comfortable room along with a decent breakfast. It's located far enough away from the Interstate for us to have a very quiet night's sleep. The front desk staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Will come back if in the area.

Room Tip: Always ask for a room away from the elevators and ice machine.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jmesis
Vanessa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Jmesis,

Thanks so much for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Smithfield, NC. We appreciate each and every guest! We will share all your wonderful comments, especially with the breakfast and front desk team.

Vanessa Powell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013 via mobile

Following other Tripadvisor reviews, we specifically chose this Holiday Inn Express. We were very happy we did. From Zack's greeting when we checked in things remained upbeat. Our junior suite was clean, airy and modern, and the beds were extremely comfortable. The bathroom was perfect; with plenty of counter space for toiletries and a pristine shower/tub combination. Breakfast was fine and the dining area was quite pleasant. We definitely would choose this facility again.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hal G
Dear Hal G,

Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We appreciate guests like you that take the time to review our hotel on this site that helps others travelers making decisions when it comes to lodging in our area. We are so happy that our hotel and its amenities were of your liking and we are looking forward to see you again.

Broad Brook, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed here Oct 2013 while traveling from New England to Florida. Granted this is a newer hotel (1-1/2 yrs old) but it was just the best. Wonderfull staff. The room, Std King was just beautiful. Nice size with 12 foot ceiling which gave the feeling that it was much larger than it really was. Nicely equipped with iron and ironing board, frig & micro wave, coffee pot. Flat screen TV with very comfortably chair for viewing. Nice desk area. Bedding was clean and fresh feeling with adequate pillows. My room location was great. Right next to the indoor pool, work out gym and ice machine. Also very close to the lobby and the dining area which also doubles for other things like TV viewing on a large screen. Breakfast was more than adequate. I'm not much of a breakfast person, so it was more than I needed. This hotel is right of I-95. There are many restuarants right there as well. The only negative (no fault of the hotel) is that this is newly developed area and the roads are still being worked on. I could see the hotel long before I found the entrance. I'm sure that will be resolved soon.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Vanessa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Hi ClarkRobertC!

It is great to see such an excellent review on trip advisor. It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. We take pride on our hotel and the team works hard to excel our guests expectations. Thank you so much and we will see you soon!

New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

I was the Mother of the Groom for an Oct. 5, 2013 out of town wedding, and the manager and staff here was the best ever!! I was given names of local establishments that would help me with favors. I was given work space and storage space for large welcome baskets for our family/friends the week before they checked in. I was provided information and updated on how many rooms had been rented whenever I inquired. Special rates were given; handicapped family was accommodated. Welcome baskets were delivered to guests rooms before their arriival. Service was sooo personal and pleasant. My family was frequently asked if there was anything else they could do during this important weekend. Rooms were large and beautiful, and breakfast was way above average for a serve yourself affair. When it was all over, I left an important CD, and I called (hoping it had been found in the room). It was mailed to me. What a tribute to the staff! At this point, I had to ask Vanessa (the manager) if I could write a review---so maybe I could do something back for them. 100% would do it at the same place again, and would stay there for anything else as well.

Room Tip: We saw all types of rooms, and they all seemed great--so roomy!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Vanessa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Hi Bowden H!

We were thrilled to be part of such an important event like your son's wedding. All my team is very happy that everything went well and our best wishes to your son and his wife. Thank you so much for choosing us and for taking the time to write an awesome review that will help others know about our Holiday Inn Express & Suites here in the town of Smithfield, NC

Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Decided this hotel was far enough off I-95 to avoid the noise of the traffic and I was right. It's set back about 300 meters with a few buildings in front of it so you don't hear constant truck traffic roaring up the interstate. Best of all... it's only minutes from JR Cigars!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Vanessa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dear Vancouver_CanadaRick,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review in trip advisor. We know that your comments about the hotel will help other travelers on their decision when choosing hotels in our area and we love to hear that our guests enjoy our location conveniently located in the town of Smithfield, NC. Hopefully we will have the pleasure to see you back soon on your next trip!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

We made reservations on the fly while traveling from FL to NY. Great location, right off I-95 and smack in the middle of restaurants and shops. Looks like hotel is either new or recently remodeled. Friendly staff, very clean and comfy rooms, great beds, indoor pool is salt water. Would absolutely recommend.

• Stayed August 2013
SmithfieldHotelStaff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Keriwaza,

Thank you so for your recent stay with us, we really appreciate your high remarks on our 5 star review. We have become a notorious halfway point on The East Coast with many wonderful options for entertainment and fun. Thank you for taking the time to notice how friendly our team is and much work we put into keeping our hotel fresh. In a world of choices, you deserve the best and with guesst like yourself by our side ... we can make this happen. The simple things count the most like clean rooms and comfy beds. Hope you come back to see us. Have a blessed day.

Highest Regards,

Joe Lynch
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for my Family Reunion in July 2013. From the moment I walked in the door, I was greeted promptly and politely. The staff was great and provided superior service. The rooms were huge, the biggest in the area and I have stayed at other Hotels in the area. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone traveling in the area. I will always stay at this Hotel when I'm traveling in the area. Best value for your money, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Wiseclick,

Your recent review on your Family Reunion means the world to us. Making sure every single one of our guests have a memorable and enjoyable experience is part of our jobs and yes we take pride in that. Thank you so much for your trust and loyalty in allowing us to host such an awesome time for loved ones to enjoy their free time together. Superior customer service and clean huge rooms are just some of the perks. We always want to be your number 1 choice and "home away from home". Without great guests like yourself, we have nothing. I hope all is well with your loved ones and hope to host again. Love your headline :D

Highest Regards,

Joe Lynch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95? Share your experiences!