Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Savannah, GA
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stopped here on our way from Savannah, GA to New York City. The staff was awesome. The hotel was very clean and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was very good and abundant. There was one very minor problem with the bathroom. The commode would not flush. I am kind of a handy man and after looking into it we never even bothered to call the front desk because it was just a matter of connecting the chain correctly and it worked fine afterwards. It is a little hard to find at night, but well worth looking for! We were traveling with some out of country friends an they were very impressed with this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lesterlee927
SmithfieldHotelStaff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Lesterlee927,

Thank you so much for your recent visit to our hotel and awesome review. We are so happy you stayed with us and commented that even though you had an issue finding us. Exit 95 off of I-95, such an awesome halfway point on the East Coast with many amazing options of entertainment and excitement. I am happy to hear your out of country guest were just as impressed as you, that means the world to us. I really appreciate your trust and loyalty ... our team works very hard to be one of the best hotels and always your number 1 choice when in Smithfield. I am very sorry about the minor issue with the commode, very cool that you are a handy man. I have learned in hospitality that you must know how to almost everything because anything could happen at anytime - please let one of our Guest Service Ambassadors know if an issue does occur so they can make a wrong into a RIGHT! I am looking forward to hosting in the near future and if you need anything, please let us know. Hope all is well and stay blessed.

Joe Lynch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Very very clean rooms. Very modern and the staff at the front desk were very efficient . Tristan was very helpful at check in.
Love to stay at this hotel again . Looks like the owners take pride in what they do.

Stayed July 2013
SmithfieldHotelStaff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Richard D,

Our entire team would like to "Thank You!" for your recent stay at our hotel. Your high remarks and comments mean the world to us. Excellence is our motto: Awesome customer service, Clean & Comfy rooms can a normal stay ... an amazing one. We love hosting guests like yourself and YES our Ownership, Management & entire team take pride in our hotel and what we love to do. We always want to be your home away from home while in the Smithfield area. So much fun and things to do. Hopefully next time you are in the area, you can relax and enjoy some of the entertainment JoCo has to offer. I will also make sure, I share your kind words regarding Tristan. I hope all is well and look forward to meeting you the next time you are in the area. Thanks so much & stay blessed!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stayed one night on the way from Orlando to New York, even though we didn't have reservations and walked in at around 11 pm we were greeted by a very friendly front desk clerk and were checked in in less than 10 min. The lobby is tastefully decorated, very modern, inviting and super clean. Complimentary cookies were fresh and delicious even at 11 pm...The room was so clean, I dont think I ever stayed in any hotel that clean, beautifully decorated, new modern furnishings, stainless steel fridge
( cant even call it mini, it was pretty big for a hotell room) and microwave. The bathroom is big with a nice shower, plenty of towels, and great vanity with bath and bodyworks products. Complimentary breakfast was great, plenty of food, great variety, very comfortable and pleasant eating area. The staff was fantastic, very friendly and welcoming. The only thing that we had slight issue with were the pillows, they weren't very comfortable ,mattress too, but it may be just personal preferences. Overall, fantastic hotel and wonderful staff.

• Stayed July 2013
SmithfieldHotelStaff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Annaecho,

Thank you so much for your recent visit ... your 5 star review and high remarks knocked our socks off. Our team works very hard everyday to provide guests like yourself the quality you deserve. Knowing that we have a friendly staff, clean rooms and yummy breakfast are just some of the things that make a good stay into an EXCELLENT one! I happy to hear you enjoyed all of our amenties ... we always looking for ways to improve and stay ahead of the competition and with guests like yourself, you help us become one of the best hotels in the world. I hope anytime you are in the area, we will be your home away from home again. If you ever need anything let one of our Guest Service Ambassadors know and they will help to the best of their abilities. Hope all is well and stay blessed!

PS: those cookies are always yummy no matter what time of the day! :D

Summerdale, Alabama
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This new HIE was quite difficult to find, but the wait was worth it. I was greeted by such a friendly, helpful front desk person. Priority Club members receive a gift bag of snacks and water. All guests are invited to cookies on their way to the room. Every question about the area was answered and the hotel has partnered with all of the surrounding restaurants for guest discounts. A cineplex is across the street from the hotel and a premium outlet mall is 2 minutes away by car.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank StephSchaeckermann
SmithfieldHotelStaff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear StephSchaecker,

Thank you so much for allowing us to host during your recent trip to Smithfield. We are a newer location and sometimes while trvaeling after being on the road for many hours we seem to be a hidden gem. Anytime you have a issue with directions, please feel free to contact our Guest Service Ambassador to point you in the right direction. I am so happy to hear that upon your arrival you were greeted with a warm, sincere & friendly face. We want all of our guest to feel like they have arrived at their "home away from home" and being part of our loyalty program means the world to us. Its FREE, you gains points and tons of other awesome goodies. I am also glad to hear you were able to take advantage of our partnership discounts while visiting. We are looking forward to hosting you on your return and if you every need anything please let our team know. Hope all is well and stay blessed!

Highland Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Stayed here on trip from Florida to Massachusetts. Great stop, good value. Staff was very friendly, room nicely decorated,had nice Flat Screen Tv, Bed very comfortable. Cookies and coffee available at night. Breakfast in morning had something for everyone. There was an indoor pool which we didn't use.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 334Florida_traveler
SmithfieldHotelStaff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear 334Florida_traveler,

Thank you so much for your recent visit with us and such high remarks with your 5 star review, this means the world to us. Our friendly staff is so excited to read the rave review and will make sure we continue to work hard to provide awesome amenities like a clean and comfy room ... yummy breakfast, coffee and cookies. We know in a world of choices, we always want to be your # 1! WE are looking forward to hosting on your return trip. Hope all is well and have a blessed day!

Smithfield, North Carolina
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I have used the Holiday Inn Express Hotels and Suites as a location for visiting business clientele and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Smithfield-Selma and Johnston County area. Joe Lynch and his staff are the consummate professionals and will make sure that your stay is enjoyable! My visiting business guest was from the Washington DC area and he stated that he had never received as much attention from any of the 5-Star hotels inside the beltline as he did here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
SmithfieldHotelStaff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear Downtown27577,

WOW, having such high remarks from a well traveled person like yourself mean the world to us. We take pride in offering top notch service to all of our guests, business or leisure. As the GM, I want to personally thank you for your wonderful review ... it means the world to us!!! Anytime you need help for your family or clients, please let us know. We are your Home away from Home in Johnston County. We want everyone to get the 5 Star treatment they deserve.

Looking forward to hosting again. Hope you and your loved ones have a blessed weekend!!!

Davenport, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Many hotels in this area were rated poor or worse. This HI Express was rated above Very Good so it was a no-brainer to stop here. This place is a find! We arrived late without a reservation and were checked in quickly and efficiently and given water, snacks and fresh-baked cookies and sent off to sleep in a clean, comfortable room with a big flat screen tv, plenty of electric outlets and toiletries from Bath and Body Work. Hot breakfast included!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Melanie M,

Thank you so much for your trust and loyalty with your recent stay and 5 star review. We at The Holiday Inn Express & Suites know how important it is to always have a home away from home when traveling for hours. Friendly staff, clean rooms and hot yummy breakfast are just some of the perks when staying with us. I am soo happy as The GM to hear my entire team took care of you and gave the TLC you deserve. Please come back and stay anytime you are in the area, there is so much fun in Smithfield and Johnston County. Hope all is well and have a blessed weekend!

Joe Lynch
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95? Share your experiences!