Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Smithfield Holiday Inn Express was a nice stay, we didn't arrive until late and check in was very quick which made us happy because we were weary from travelling all day. Harmon and Jennifer at the front desk were so pleasant that you can't help but smile no matter how tired you are. The rooms were spotless and the beds were so comfy. Nice and restful...morning breakfast was fine, nothing spectacular but good...would stay here again! This was a stop on our way to Florida and wanted to go to the Ava Gardner Museum, which we also enjoyed. Would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
SmithfieldHotelStaff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Travelbug325,

Thank you so much for your recent stay and high remarks on our hotel & team. We know how important it is to have a quick and nice person waiting for you after a very long trip. I am so excited to see that both Harmony & Jenn were one of your many highlights of your stay, they are both very valuable assets to our team. A smile does not cost a thing but does go a very long way ... making a not so nice day into a delight. I love hearing that you also enjoyed our spotless and comfy rooms. Excellant Customer Service & Cleanliness are always most important to us and guests like yourself. We are excited to be your new "home away from home" while in the area. Please come back and see our team ... Smithfield has so many wonderful things to do while in the area. Hope all is well and have a blessed day!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is one of the best Holiday Inn Express facilities. Great staff from the front desk to the housekeeping.
As we were checking out we had the pleasure of meeting the GM who was most gracious. We certainly will make this our overnight stop as we travel south. The location is perfect for shopping the outlets and dining.
Star quality!!⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
SmithfieldHotelStaff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Madmartins,

WOW!!!! THANK YOU SINCERELY FOR YOUR HIGH REMARKS. Our team works very hard everyday to make sure our "Everyday Heroes" like yourself get the quality that you deserve. We know in a world of choices, you can stay anywhere ... it's the little things that matter the most. It was a pleasure speaking with you both before you left, moments like these make my day. It was also refreshing to know that this was not your first time and that we will be on your map as your Smithfield "home away from home". Looking forward to hosting again ...

There are so many great places to visit and relax while you are here. Shopping, vineyards, country club, dining and more!

Anytime you are here, give me a call ... I would love to speak with you again. Hope you and your loved ones are blessed. Enjoy your week.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Hotel was great! Clean and fairly new. "Free" breakfast could have been better. Hotel was right off the highway. Lots of restaurants and gas stations close by. Carolina Premium Outlet Mall is less than 5 min away.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Willma44,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review in regards to our hotel and location. We are now 1 year old and greatness is still our goal. Clean, comfy and convenient are always some of the top priorities for our guests. I am sorry to hear that our breakfast fell short of your expectations. I will be following up with your concerns to help make us stronger ...

Your words mean the world to us and I hope everytime you are in the area, we will be your number choice. Please make sure you speak with one of our Guest Service Ambassadors in regards to discounts and partnerships we offer to all of our guests. Have an amazing day!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

The front desk staff were quite friendly and made you feel very welcomed. The pool was nice and clean. Gym states no children under 16 without an adult , unfortunately, not followed by parents or enforced by anyone. Breakfast was less than mediocre, we arrived at 9am (ends at 10 on weekends), most choices were empty and not being restocked. Our room was very large, beds were comfy, but as noted by others you could hear your neighbors and those in the hallway. Disappointed that our bathroom items/soap were not replenished during our stay.

Room Tip: Upper floor not directly in front - due to movie theater traffic and lights from main entrance
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
SmithfieldHotelStaff, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Dear ScSunlovers,

We would first and foremost like to thank you so much for allowing us to host you while you were in The Smithfield area. We are so happy to hear that our front desk staff were quite friendly and made you feel very welcomed, customer service is a top priority to us ... as well as cleanliness. I am sure that knowing that our pool was nice, clean and ready to enjoy. Yes our Gym does state no children under 16 without an adult and unfortunately we do have some rule breakers from time to time. On their behalf, I am extremely sorry ... as well extremely sorry to hear that our breakfast items were not as available during the busy weekend hours. I will be looking into your concerns further to ensure this does not happen again. We know in a world of choices, we want to be your number 1 ... and try to strive to be better and better each day. Thank you for expressing your experience because this helps us become a stronger hotel and hope to exceed your expectations on your return visit. Please feel to contact me at the hotel level in regards to your visit or when you plan on returning. We appreciate your trust and loyalty. Thank you so much and have a blessed day.

High Regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is obviously pretty new. The lobby and staff were great. The pool was nice. Breakfast was pretty mediocre but standard fare for this chain, i think. The coffee was good - very nice! While our room was pretty large, and the bathroom was very nice (including lemony products), the walls were way too thin. Falling asleep, we could hear people TALKING in the room next door, we could hear people talking in the hallway and doors opening/shutting on our floor, and we could hear noises from floor above. Everything was going well for this place until we went to fall asleep - it's right off the highway, there are several restaurant choices and some outlets nearby, even a cinema across the street. But, my three stars are for the noise factor, which i think is simply unacceptable for a new hotel.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, get a room on the top floor so at least you won't hear noise from above.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear citysuburb,

We reall appreciate you staying with us recently and hearing such wonderful things in regards to our lobby, great staff and nice pool. These are a few simple things that can make sure visit most enjoyable. I am sadden to hear that our breakfast fall short of your expectations, we have been adding a few upgrades to help give you the choices you deserve. I am also sad to hear about the experiences you had with the noise level.We know how important a good night's of rest is to continue your journey and fun the next day. We have been coming up with solutions to help eliminate your concerns for the future. We want to make sure that everytime you come into the area, you have a warm home away from home to rest and relax. I would like to discuss further with you about your concerns, please feel free to contact me at the hotel level. There is so much to do while in the area and we would love to see you again. Thank you for your words of wisdom, they will help us to continue on our path to success. We hope you have an awesome day and look forward to hosting again. Stay blessed!

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Was travelling up the dreaded I-95 from SC and needed a place to crash. Checked a couple places and the HI Express had availability. The price was a little steep but the front desk staff were great and the room was very nice.

Don't look for a healthy breakfast as the free benefit is the typical lousy food but for kids it is a great value. Also, did not use all the amenities but the hotel was well maintained.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
SmithfieldHotelStaff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! The title of your post pretty much explains what guest look for when staying at hotels. Guest want to have a friendly relatable staff, and a nice clean, comfortable room to sleep in! Thank you again for recognizing our efforts to be an excellent hotel. Although you were not 100% happy with your breakfast choices, we appreciate you telling us because it help us to improve!

Front Office Manager
Harmony F Fisher

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Look no further for a great stop when heading south on I-95! Especially if you're road weary from traffic delays through VA. Worth plugging on to get to this spot. Staff was extremely friendly, hotel is fresh and clean. If you arrive early enough, there's shopping, restaurants even a movie theater on your doorstep. Room was great, no complaints. Would definitely choose this hotel again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

We at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites of Smithfield are honored that you have given us such high recomendations! When pulling off of i95 you never know what to expect. That is why we go above and beyond to make guest feel safe and at home! Next time you are in the area be sure to stop by to visit your extended family at the Holiday Inn Express! Hope to see you soon!

Front Office Manager
Harmony F Fisher

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95? Share your experiences!