“A very relaxing stay.”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Georgetown, Kentucky
“A very relaxing stay.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

The staff was very personable, courteous and helpful. Other reviews have found this property is very noisy; and we didn't have any trouble with noise from the other rooms until our last night--- a baby in the next room decided it was hungry and began crying. Otherwise, this fourth floor room was great. Good location, no interstate noise or local traffic. The heated indoor pool is quite small, great for soaking.

A good breakfast area with plenty of offerings.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor--- less noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SmithfieldHotelStaff, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
When staying at any hotel we believed the most important thing for a guest is to feel relaxed and comfortable. I am happy to hear that your visit with us was "A very relaxing stay," anytime you are in the area please consider us your home away from home. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, we truely appreciate the feed back!

Harmony Fisher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Excellent customer service, breakfast was really good. The hotel is located behind a row of shopping centers, and another hotel very odd location if your not paying attention your going to miss the little gem of a place. Truly one of the better or if not the best HI Express that I have stayed at in a long time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I am truely proud to be apart of such an outstanding team. We strive for execellence in everything we do and it means the world to our staff to be recognized for our efforts. We are not just trying to make our hotel the best but also our overall brand of Holiday Inn Express and for you to say that we were "Truly one of the better or if not the best HI Express that I have stayed at in a long time," means that our efforts are working. Thank you for taking your time to give us a good review and we hope you visit us again in the future!

milford de
Reviewed October 10, 2012

This property was very convenient to I-95 and shopping restaurants.
Nice clean new Holiday inn Express. Reasonable rates for the area .
I will stay at this hotel over the other major brand hotels in same area as rooms are a little less money and they are flexible.
Even though i Dont like the Holiday inn Express brand due to the beds-pillows and smelly soap
I like this hotel but i brought my own pillow and soap. The pillows and beds were actually better
more comfortable than the typical HI Express.

Room Tip: Ask for upper floor rooms and what discts may be available to save a few bucks
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Even though you do not usually prefer Holidays Inn Express, we appreciate you taking a chance with us! After staying with us we hope that you would be willing to give our sister properties a chance as well. Although we are each independently owned and operated, Holiday Inn as a brand has grown and our overall objective is to have all our locations become "Above Average!" Also you will be happy to hear that very soon all our hotels will be changing our soap products to Bath and Body Works products so you wont have to use the soap you don't like! Thank you for giving us such a great response! Looking forward to your next visit!

Florence, South Carolina
Reviewed October 1, 2012

What an example of southern hospitality! Everyone including the housekeeping staff as I walked through the hallways seemed genuinely glad to see me. On top of it all - the hotel is practically brand new with great, clean rooms. The location off I-95 was perfect for my latest business trip! I am planning a return trip to visit the winery at their suggestion for pleasure.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Morganton NC
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel was a delightful surprise! Not sure what to expect in Smithfield, NC but this is a gem. New facility with friendly and professional staff. Near good restaurants (try The Boat House) and a movie theatre within walking distance. We would definitely recommend and stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

This not ur fathers HI. HI has come along ways. This property is very good. NEW! Breakfast, well it is free. Not great, but OK. Staff, great! Suites very nice. Free internet too. OR,,,, you can stay at the high price places and pay more for the room , pay for breakfast and pay for net, and if it is a really high $ places, u can pay for parking too.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vanessa P, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95, responded to this review, January 1, 2015
Dear Shelly1043,
We cant tell you how pleased we are that you enjoyed your stay with us! Our guests are our number one priority and we love it when our guests let us know all about their stay! We hope the next time you are in the area that you will come and stay with us again!

Have a Happy New Year and thank you for the review.

Vanessa Powell
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We got a coupon from the welcome center and decided to try this place because of the newness and it was close to the outlets, The beds were comfortable and the room was nice, except for the food found in front of the nite stand on the floor and the plastic fork behind it on the floor and the large stain on the carpet by the table(we thought this odd for a new place). The only other complaint was the girl beghind the desk told us it was a salt water pool and it had no whirlpool, which was disappointing. The front desk staff was friendly and we told them about the food and fork and they said "thanks for telling us". It should really be a 3 and 1/2 stars but no way to show that. For the price-it would be a deal for probably most of the rooms.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95? Share your experiences!