“Always exceeds my expectations!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Whenever I have to travel to a small town, I always stay in a Holiday Inn Express or Holiday Inn hotel. Back when I was younger, they were just motels we stayed on pit stops while traveling on long trips. I don't remember them being very nice. HOWEVER, in recent years, they have really improved. This location is no different. The lobby is clean and welcoming. The courteous staff greets you right away. I was impressed by the professionalism of the young staff. As a Priority Club member, my check-in is always fast. I was given my room key and checked in within 5 minutes. The rooms are a nice size and are extremely clean. The counters in the barhroom are granite and the shower has amazing water pressure. In addition, the towels and washcloths are nice and fluffy. Since I travel without by myself sometimes, safety is a major concern. This hotel has several entrances that are well lit and only accessible at all times by your room key. This is important because most hotels only do this after 11pm. This location is close to several restaurants and the outlet mall. I highly recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Smithfield.
P.S. - If you have a large family, inquire about the suites. They are affordable and offer even more space than the standard room.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank srmills78
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Stayed at the Brand new Holiday Inn Express on June 5th and I was very impressed with the hotel overall. Staff was great and the hotel was very nice and clean. Will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Life1192402
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My best friend & I spent 2 nights here while having a "girls weekend". This place is VERY conveniently located next to a large outlet shopping center and is 3 miles from the hotspot antique shoppping in Selma NC. I would recommend it for those reasons alone. But this room was great for a girls weekend. There was a mini refigerator & microwave in the room and the 2 queen beds were great. The only draw back was for some reason we were in a handicap accessible room nad the bathroom while definitely large enough to accommodate a wheelchair if needed, lacked one important item. There was NO vanity and what little space there was on the sink was slanted in such a way that you couldn't even keep your eye glasses on the rim without them sliding into the basin. That was our only issue with the room and our stay. After shopping all day it was a relief to sit at the edge of the indoor, heated, salt-water pool and soak our very tired feet. The coffee in the mornings here was "the best"!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth W
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Stayed there May 29th 2012- Staff was great, hotel looked great- BUT the walls were paper thin. You could hear the conversation distinctly from the other room. Contacted HI and were told the GM would contact us. Never did- twice. They seem not to care.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I stayed here with my mom for a few days for a funeral of a family member. My mom and I really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very welcoming and helpful. The breakfast was gone by the time we arrived as there were alot of family members staying at the location as well. Normally I would be bothered by that but it gave us an opportunity to go the Golden Corral which was not to far away. Great food there and reasonably priced. My room was very spacious, the bathroom was a great size and the beds were really comfortable. As far as the noise, yes I heard noise from the other rooms but as a snarky traveler I have gotten used to it. I have heard worse in other hotels. I guess my threshold is different from others; I still had a great sleep regardless. The decor is really nice and modern and I do plan to return. The outlet mall is not too far away and there are plenty of places to eat. To me, buy some earplugs, or have a drink or engage in some activity to make your own noise... (Sorry if that offends folks...), it’s a new hotel so give it a chance, and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: I stayed on a floor need the end of the hall. very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We were driving home an decided to stay here to visit the nearby outlets( approx 2min drive)
We were happy with our check-in and the cleanliness- (although I think this is a brand new location)
We went out to eat and came back to the hotel got ready for bed.......and then it started......
3 different times my husband tried to connect with the internet- it would work for a minute and then go down... ugh frustrating---as we were waiting for an important email.
kids asleep, We were almost asleep and then.....
**FIRE ALARM*****
there wasnt a fire- a staff member had burned cookies they were making...........so pack up the kids and go stand outside for 15 minutes.................
back up to bed............30 minutes trying to get them back to sleep...finally ... back to sleep...........
0530am I hear an alarm clock........we hadnt set ours ...and Im talking its clear as day like its right beside my head......wakes everyone up- listen to this till 0630 and then I called down to the front desk and explained the noise coming from the room beside us............ wait 10 minutes I can literally hear the clerk go into the room , go to the alarm clock fiddle with it and turn it off.
I couldnt believe how clear it was..... thankgod no one was in the room beside us that night... there is NO sound barriers between rooms at all!!!!!

so exhausted, and cranky we checked out for our 14 hour drive home.........we wont be staying at this location again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank eagle167
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I loved it. The staff was warm and welcoming, the rooms were clean and fresh, and the breakfast was very inviting. I did not have any issues with noise. I would recommend this hotel to any one! Great job hotel keep up the great work!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95? Share your experiences!