“Just ok”

Baymont Inn & Suites Smithfield
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Smithfield
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The outside of the hotel looks appealing. The rooms are dated and very stuffy. The breakfast was less than average. Very little selection (the buffet was half empty and we were the only ones there at 8:00am). The bed was rock hard. Ok if you get the room for cheap.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2014

Dear Robyn M,

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience that you suffered while staying with our hotel and would like to say that we try very hard to provide a great stay for our guests. I can assure you all issues have been addressed. We hope to see you again in the near future.

Sincerely, Kelly Richardson

Reviewed May 28, 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 26, 2014

Your continued maintenance is totally inadequate; the toilet required 2 flushes, the sink had no stopper & the handle fell off; along the main wall was a tv, a microwave and a refrigerator, unfortunately there were only 2 plugs.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Myron L,

I apologize to you for any inconvenience that you suffered while staying with us. Each critique is important to us as we strive for continuous improvement. We always strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms and a friendly staff for EVERY guest. During your next visit to the Smithfield area, please reach out to me personally, I do hope you give us another try and show we do live up to our Baymont standards.

Warm Regards,
Kelly Richardson GM

Reviewed April 8, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank psl126
Kelly R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2014

Reviewed April 6, 2014

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margaret K

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed March 11 arriving in the evening after driving 12 hours took bags to room and went to eat when we got back pulled the sheets back for the kids to go to sleep and sheets and pillow case were stained sent husband down to desk and he came back with sheets to remake the bed.I was very upset at this point I am paying to stay here why should I have to correct the problem. Well my kids were very tired so I started to change the sheets and the mattress cover was stained worse than the sheets and the carpet was wet by the wall. I went straight to the desk and if it was not around 1100pm and my children tired I would have left. The girl at the desk gave us a new room and inspected it first with me but I was unable to sleep they did take $10 off the bill but I will never stay again. I was told there has been issue with the housekeeping but as the customer I do not want to hear you have had issue like this if you are having a problem it should be fixed not left to continue like no one cares. I travel to Florida once a year and will be sure to continue to drive straight past this place.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Jackie F
Kelly R, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Smithfield, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Jackie F,
I apologize to you for any inconvenience that you suffered while staying with us. We do not want anyone to leave our property and not be happy. We always strive to provide our guests with clean, comfortable rooms and a friendly staff for every guest; it is obvious that we fell short of this during your stay with us. We welcome all constructive criticism, as it helps us to get better. Please reach out to me on your next trip to Florida. I will ensure you that we do live up to our Baymont standards.

Warm Regards,
Kelly Richardson

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

Rooms are basic and small. Location good. Did not try breakfast. Probably will not stay there again because I like a more luxurious room. If you're looking for just a regular room I think this is the place for you.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Dialygal,

I appreciate the time you took to review your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our room accommodations. My staff takes great pride in excellent customer service and ensuring that all guests are provided with a wonderful stay.

Kelly Richardson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#2 of 6 in Selma

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Smithfield? Share your experiences!