“We can not go by Smithfield without a stop here.”
Review of Gotham's Deli

Gotham's Deli
Ranked #13 of 88 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Description: A traditional NY Style Deli, family owned and operated. Breakfast, Lunch and dinner. Fresh made salads, soups, breads.
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This place has to be the best recommendation we have ever gotten from a local. Fast friendly service a HUGE selection of sandwiches. If you opt for the whole sandwich you will definitely be overly full. I love the Brooklyn Bridge I believe it is called, turkey, bacon, avocado, make it my favorite. I always share with my granddaughter and she loves it also. We are always too full for dessert but have learned to get it to go. Makes for a great snack later on the road to our next destination on vacation. Hubby gets the Dagwood which is just overflowing with meats and cheeses. Makes him a happy man.

1  Thank tpatti
There are newer reviews for Gotham's Deli

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I'm a regular at Gandolfo's, and keep going there because of the food and people. Set in historic downtown Smithfield, Gandolfo's encapsulates a true NYC deli inside a classic Southern county seat. With dozens of sandwich options, it's hard to try to same thing twice (though I do recommend the Manhattan Transfer, aka Man Tran, or the Little Italy). Skip the bag of chips and splurge for one of their fresh potato or pasta salad. Every single one of them is good.

The restaurant is operated by the Gandolph family, who are some of the nicest people you'll meet. Do yourself a favor and drop in for lunch, but go closer to 1pm or expect a short wait.

1  Thank SethLikesTennis
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We popped into this deli after visiting the Ava Garner museum down the street. The vibe is very New York, with various NY-sports-related items on the wall. Further back are photos and plaques supporting local teams and local athletes. It looked like a single location, not a chain - and I mean that in very good way. The menu was very varied and provided lots of options that we had never seen in other local delis. My wife and daughter were very satisfied with their cold deli sandwhiches, and I had a meatball sub that was so big I couldn't finish it. Definitely worth dropping in for delicious food that provides good value for your money.

1  Thank TarHeel
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Totally in love! I've never had a bad meal here. They have that authentic NY Deli taste. Friends from NY claim it's like having a little piece of home here in NC! This place is in downtown Smithfield, not too far from the outlets and it is VERY tasty!!!! Unique atmosphere and TONS of choices.

2  Thank Chris J
Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Loved the place - great stop for lunch on our way south from New York state. They are Bills fans and, sadly, so are we. Lots of memorabilia cover the walls. Excellent sandwiches and a very popular spot. We'll definitely stop again.

1  Thank Betswa