“Our Server Steve was Great! ”

Texas Steakhouse & Saloon
Ranked #8 of 104 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Texas Steakhouse & Saloon is a casual dining Steakhouse. Our menu is full of appetizing items with an emphasis on steaks. We also have award winning ribs, fresh seafood & chicken, as well as a variety of garden fresh salads, appetizers & homemade desserts. We pride ourselves in serving a great meal with value & variety in a family friendly environment. Dine In - Take Out - Catering
Reviewed May 17, 2019 via mobile

The food was pretty average but what impressed my husband and me the most
was our server Steve. He was extremely attentive. He made sure our water cups were always full and we had everything we needed. Kudos to Steve for great service.

Date of visit: May 2019
Tiffany C, Guest Relations Manager at Texas Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2019

Getaway797266,

Thank you for the review! We're thrilled to hear Steve took such great care of you. We will be sure to pass along the kind words to him and let him know to keep up the great work! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2019 via mobile

This Texas Steakhouse is located adjacent to our hotel so we decided to walk over for dinner. I have eaten there in the past and my experience was mostly positive. This time, not so much. We ordered Martinis shortly after being seated. In a while the waitress returned with 2 water glasses. I could not believe it but when I saw olives in the bottom of the glasses I realized that those were our "Martinis"! It was all down hill from there. We each ordered the filet mignon and baked potatoes and ceasar salads. The salads were mostly romaine "ends", tough and stringy. The potato's were dry and shriveled and looked like they had sat around for days. The filets were fatty and overdone. I could not eat mine. We had been on the road for 11 hours and were in no mood to complain or wait for replacement meals. We paid the bill and left....never to return! Only saving grace: our waitress was pleasant. Not her fault for bad cocktail presentation or bad food. We will not be back to Texas next trip though Smithfield, NC!

Kevin K.,

We are sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. Please feel free to email me so I can collect some more information from you: tiffany@tss-llc.com

Reviewed May 8, 2019

We were a party of ten that arrived very close to closing time (right before 10:00 p.m.) They welcomed us with open arms and were very accommodating. We were the only ones in the restaurant and we never felt rushed or as if we were being a burden. The service was great, as was the food.

l1367OHrebeccac,

Thank you for the kind words! We're thrilled our staff took such great care of you and made you feel like a part of the Texas family. We are always happy to serve you. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 5, 2019

Good morning, I was the Diamond Tour Group Leader for our recent Trip to Savannah and Jekyll Island. We needed to find a group dinner stop for May 3th. I contacted your restaurant (Texas Steakhouse and Saloon) located at 235 Outlet Center Drive in Smithfield, North Carolina and I spoke to Mr. Ken Perry only an hour prior to our arrival. Mr. Perry was very accommodating. When we arrived he had everything prepared. We were seated immediately and the staff gave us a big welcome.The food, beverages and service were outstanding. My waitress was Jane and she was so friendly and very competent! She is the type of employee that makes your restaurant customers want to come back again and again! Our group was so pleased with this dinner choice. I want to thank Mr. Ken Perry and his staff for making our experience so wonderful! And the decor was fun too!!! Mel (Group leader)

Tourist821839,

We appreciate the five star review! We're so happy to hear that Mr. Perry took such wonderful care of you and we were able to accommodate your group. We will pass along your positive accolades to Jane. We are so lucky to have her as a part of our Texas team. We hope to see you guys next time you're in the area!

Reviewed April 18, 2019

Went to Texas Steakhouse for dinner.. bad mistake..
Told us it would be 15 minute wait ended up 50 min wait..
Half the tables were empty but they weren't being filled.. Staff issues I believe..
When we got our meals the shrimp platter with rice and fries had no rice
The Steak with mushroom gravy had cold gravy...
Many people left .. fed up with waiting and a few complaints were heard about the place going downhill...

Wifi was not working

Date of visit: April 2019
Tiffany C, Public Relations Manager at Texas Steakhouse & Saloon, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2019

Lyle D.,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit with us. We are so sorry to hear about your wait and your experience with the food. Please feel free to email us with more information about your visit at: tiffany@tss-llc.com. Have a wonderful day and we look forward to hearing from you!