“Good Eating”

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 87 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Australian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Palm Coast, Florida, Usa
“Good Eating”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Went on a Friday night, short wait to be seated. Service was great and very friendly. We did not have to wait before a server stopped at the table. Drinks, appetizer and our meal were all served without a long wait. The next time we travel through Smithfield, NC, we will be sure to eat at the Outback Steakhouse.

• Visited July 2013

• Turkish first
Columbus MS
“Not up to standards”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've eaten at a number of Outback's in my time, including this one. The quality of the steaks here is not what I'm used to seeing. We took 7 out to eat here for my Father's 81st birthday. The service was very good, the people are friendly, but the food quality just wasn't up to par. My parents both had the grilled seafood, and said it was overcooked. My grilled ribeye was marginal and my wife's filet was the same. Appetizers were good...we had the cheese fries and my oldest son had the tuna sashimi. My middle son had the 3 filets with the sauces they are advertising, and said it was alright. Overall, it was edible but just not the level I expected.

• Visited June 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Very nice experience”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I got the restaurant frequently when I'm in the area. We try to go earlier in the evening because it is often packed -- good sign, right? On my latest visit, we only had a short wait -- we stood in the bar and had a drink with our names on the list. But a booth came open in the bar so we took that (they are first come, first served). Our waiter was very good - she's waited on us before. The food was delicious, as usual. I'm not a huge fan of chain restaurants but, on the good side, you usually know what to expect. This Outback was typical. And typical Outback is pretty good. I wish they had a few more craft beer choices on draught. But other than that, I was pleased.

• Visited May 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great food, service slow”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We took our family recently to Outback and of course you know the type of food you get...same as all of them but our service was so slow. We were there on a wednesday night....not crowded. Love Outback and overall good experience but the service could have been picked up especially to not have a crowd.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kelly M
Benson, North Carolina
“Are you really working?”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We went to the Outback Steakhouse Restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. The atmosphere in restaurant seemed really nice upon our arrival. However, it took forever just to get the appetizer we ordered. The waitress was on the other side of the restaurant just talking to one set of customers at great length. A family that arrived after we did received all their meals before we even got our appetizer. By the time we finally received our food we were ready to pay for our drinks and go have dinner at another restaurant. The food quality was not that great and the service was TERRIBLE!!! I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited April 2013