“A great Outback Steakhouse, if you like Outback Steakhouses”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #9 of 87 Restaurants in Smithfield
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A great Outback Steakhouse, if you like Outback Steakhouses”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

This Outback Steakhouse is one of the better ones. I have found the food to be good and hot the few times that I've been able to eat there. Since it is on I-95 and I'm typically en route somewhere else, I typically don't have time to linger. However, when I do, it's where I want to eat. The service is friendly and attentive, yet not to the point you keep getting interrupted.

I also like that they are beginning to offer dinner specials so that they can be more competitive.

• Visited October 2011

• Turkish first
Berlin, Maryland
“average for the outback...which means good”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

You know, if you go to Outbacks with any regularity, you know that they are reliably good but still vary from location to location. This one we've been to several times and have had good meals and friendly service. It is PACKED every time we're there. Apparently, it's one of the better restaurants in the area and locals flock there in droves. You should plan on going early or expect a long wait.

Visited February 2012
San Diego, California
“Lousy service, so-so food”
Reviewed March 12, 2012

Our waiter must have been in a hurry, as he asked whether or not we wanted dessert when we were half way through our meal. The steak was over-cooked, the salmon too salty. Nice salad came with the meals, and good vegetables: freshly steamed broccoli, carrots, and squash--not overcooked. When I asked for some lemon to go with the salmon, the wedges were brought on a paper napkin, probably from the bar. Ugh.

Visited March 2012

Visited February 2012
Middlebury, Vermont
“Forget it”
Reviewed February 27, 2012

Outback used to be renowned for their wonderful steak, salty, but good cuts of meat. Why the salt? No clue except that they were ignoring the sodium factor in favor of flavor. Over the last few years the company that owns Outback has opened other chains...spred a bit too thin maybe?

The Outback in Smithfield is not good-- the Caesar salad was so strong with anchovy paste it made my eyes water, though the manager was very proud of the "real Caesar"....

My small fillet was sliced in half, cooked rare, as ordered and coated with an ordered "blue cheese crust", but it was so salty it had no other flavor than the salt. My husband's filet was tough, coated in salt and nearly inedible.

We are not complainers and would have said nothing had we not been asked. However, I feel it my duty to reveal to fellow TA friends that dining at the Outback in Smithfiled NC, inspite of the good service, is totally discouraged. In fact, Outback is officially off our list. Guess we will have to find another more reliable chain while traveling. Sugesstions anyone?

• Visited February 2012