Becky's Log Cabin Motel
Super 8 Smithfield(Smithfield)(Great Value!)
$59
$71
BestWestern.com
$84
Fairfield Inn
Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield(Smithfield)(Great Value!)
$66
Comfort Inn(Smithfield)
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 26, 2002

Cute place for those looking for something other than the cookie cutter fiberglass shower chain lodging. Love the idea of the restaurant next to the motel, especially after many hours of driving, it's really nice to walk to dinner and back. The food was actually good at the restaurant and there's a nice bar area, too. My only complaint would be the breakfast area (by the office of the motel, it's not served in the separate restaurant) which had a real problem with service the day we were there. When you're on the road, you're usually looking for a quick breakfast and you want to get going. They were totally understaffed and it took forever to get anything. But that could have been an isolated event. I would definitely stay there again. Especially considering the alternatives -- drab chains--yech!

• Stayed: March 2002
4  Thank Olive_Twist
Reviewed November 6, 2002

We have stayed at several of the hotels in the Smithfield since first visiting there in 1992. We always enjoyed the atmoshere at Becky's and the restaraunt. When we lived in the area, we recommended guests to stay there and now that we have moved away, we often stgay there when visiting friends. It is more of a resort than a business motel and doesn't have some of the things business travellers may be used to, but I always find it relaxing.

1  Thank DanSaintGeorge
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2002

I saw billboards advertising $39.95 per night. Checked out after staying for one night and killing three spiders in my room, and found that Becky had changed her rates, but not her billboards and that the quoted rate was single occupancy which was also not stated on her billboards or at the front desk. She charged my 5 month old and 2 year old $5 each to stay the night on top of our nightly rate and $5 for my husband. The $5 addidtional rate is a secret. No posting of it at the front desk or on the billboard. When I spoke to Becky Guin the owner about these additional charges she stated that I should have known (magically) to get a coupon at the Welcome center, but it was too late. She also stated that the coupon is not mentioned on her billboard. She gave me a $5 credit for my 5 month old and told me she was done talking to me and walked out leaving her clerk to say "I've never seen her so angry. I don't know why she acted that way?" Maybe because she knew to was wrong and falsly advertising... I turned her into the Better Business Bureau of Eastern North Carolina. Don't go!!!!

5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 14, 2002

My husband and I lived at Becky's Log Cabin for 4 months back in 1998. We had just moved back to NC from Tx. His company paid for us to stay there until we bought a home. I loved my stay there, they treated me like family. They have the nices people working there and their restaurant and bar is great! I love and miss you guyss! Thanks for a great stay there :)) Kandice :))