“False Advertising”

Becky's Log Cabin Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smithfield
Becky's Log Cabin Motel
A TripAdvisor Member
“False Advertising”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2002

I saw billboards advertising $39.95 per night. Checked out after staying for one night and killing three spiders in my room, and found that Becky had changed her rates, but not her billboards and that the quoted rate was single occupancy which was also not stated on her billboards or at the front desk. She charged my 5 month old and 2 year old $5 each to stay the night on top of our nightly rate and $5 for my husband. The $5 addidtional rate is a secret. No posting of it at the front desk or on the billboard. When I spoke to Becky Guin the owner about these additional charges she stated that I should have known (magically) to get a coupon at the Welcome center, but it was too late. She also stated that the coupon is not mentioned on her billboard. She gave me a $5 credit for my 5 month old and told me she was done talking to me and walked out leaving her clerk to say "I've never seen her so angry. I don't know why she acted that way?" Maybe because she knew to was wrong and falsly advertising... I turned her into the Better Business Bureau of Eastern North Carolina. Don't go!!!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2002

My husband and I lived at Becky's Log Cabin for 4 months back in 1998. We had just moved back to NC from Tx. His company paid for us to stay there until we bought a home. I loved my stay there, they treated me like family. They have the nices people working there and their restaurant and bar is great! I love and miss you guyss! Thanks for a great stay there :)) Kandice :))