“Mixed Feelings”

Becky's Log Cabin Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smithfield
Becky's Log Cabin Motel
Virginia
“Mixed Feelings”
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We stayed at Becky's Log Cabin on our way home from Myrtle Beach, SC. It was recommended by a family member, whom we visited while staying. While it was inexpensive and clean, there were issues. First, we were given a room with a wasps nest above our door. We reported it, and it was taken care of immediately, while we were out for dinner. When we returned, our room smelled HORRIBLE. Whatever had been sprayed to help remove the wasps nest had entered the room. It was HORRIBLE. We asked for another room and got one, without trouble. We then opened our suitcases and discovered the smell had gotten in. We were unable to use our clothes, as they were polluted with the smell. It was an AWFUL experience.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank JBirdD12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Beaufort, SC
Reviewed March 18, 2009

We stopped on our way back from DC. We needed to relax and rest before going on home. This was a great stop, the restaurant had good food and the room was nice.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Up state N.Y.
Reviewed February 16, 2009

Stoped here on my way to FLA arrived around 12:30am needed to get some sleep even though the rooms were dirty the bed was great best sleep i had in a long time but i think it was because i was tired:-)

• Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank RinkratNY

Travelers are raving about these Smithfield hotels

North Carolina
Reviewed November 21, 2008

Well all I can say about Becky's Log Cabin is that it was a great place to say my trip there involved me and my compaion at that time was going for job traning in Clayton at Catipiler and we was searching for somewhere not right in town . And upon looking that day we came across The Log Cabin we got a great deal with some coupons for a 4 night say We like the all around look reminds you of a country setting and the pool we loved, for food delivery was no problem and the on site Resturant was a big plus for us ,so we never really had to go out unless it was job related its quite and feels like home away from home so becky's log cabin i would love to come back ,at any time when I just want to get away and enjoy with the family or by yourself. 5 stars from me

• Liked — The Country Style
  • Disliked — i wished i could have stay longer
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled with family
3 Thank homestay0903
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed May 12, 2008

Just an overnight stopover and I wanted some place I could get in and out of quickly so I thought I'd give it a try. Good check-in, told the clerk I needed a good WiFi signal so she gave me the closest room to the office which was a free upgrade to a king.
Quaint, rustic setting, reminded me of some of the motor courts I see in the NC mountains. If I were the owner I think I'd capitalize on that a little more, maybe some vintage decorating, etc. Clean, comfortable room but spartan. No shampoo, no hair dryer. Restaurant wasn't open for breakfast, but it looked like they had coffee and donuts near the office area. Overall, an OK stay for one night and my rate was pretty good too.

• Liked — Parking right at the room.
  • Disliked — No shampoo or hair dryer.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank rocknrun
Wyoming, IL
Reviewed February 29, 2008

My husband and I stay at Becky's Log Cabin every June while visiting family and friends in the area. This will make year #10.

Yes, it's not the new hotels you find up and down the highway, but it's quiet, clean, friendly and convenient. It's has every thing we need while we are visiting for two weeks. You don't have kids running the halls and slamming doors all night, the pool is always clean and convienent to the rooms, and the staff is always ready to help if needed.

Read the positive posts for this motel and you willl get the TRUE idea of what's it's like here. We had our rehearsal dinner for our wedding at the Becky's 10 years ago and have our anniversay dinner here ever year. Great food and great service~!

• Liked — cleanliness, service, price and conveinence
  • Disliked — not sure if they have internet
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank makeart965
North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Stayed overnight on the recommendation of the couple we were visiting. Although the staff was very friendly the room and the restaurant were in need of some heavy duty cleaning. The beds were uncomfortable and the shower so gross we waited until to checked in at a different hotel to take a bath. This is a favorite place to dine for the couple we were visiting, but we were not impressed. The outside of the hotel looks rustic, unfortunately so are the standards of the cleaning staff.

• Liked — Convenience to shopping
  • Disliked — Lack of basic housekeeping
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank duckbuddy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smithfield
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#7 of 10 in Smithfield

Been to Becky's Log Cabin Motel? Share your experiences!