“Nice Motel but Bait & Switch Pricing”

Becky's Log Cabin Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smithfield
Becky's Log Cabin Motel
Woodstock, New York
“Nice Motel but Bait & Switch Pricing”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Followed signs on Highway & Exit off 95. Alll signs state $45.95 but when we checked in we were told they raised the rates and it was now $49.95. OK, it was only $5.00 more but that's not the point after seeing all the signs for $44.95, we could have chose someplace else if we knew they were going to jack up the price. We were then told they do not honor the AAA discount either. Not so friendyi at the Front Desk either. The rooms were clean & the motel is well kept. If I had not been so tired I would have gone elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get there early & if they jack up the rate, go elsewhere!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank vrqqqm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Gananoque, Canada
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Great place to stop and relax after the trials of 95. Reasonably priced, large clean rooms , nice grounds, restaurant on site, in the country but close to outlets, and J&R. Always enjoy our stay. After 5 or 6 hours on 95, nice place to decompress. Holt Lake BBQ close by.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back, very quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Putney, VT
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Clean, spacious and comfortable accommodations for folks on a modest budget. Friendly, helpful staff. Nice to escape the chain motels and support a local small business. Restaurant on the property is convenient.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This place was a surprise...it has been in business for a while but it was wonderful...excellent room rates and clean. Very quite and front desk staff excellent. If is out side of town just east of interstate 95 at Exit 95. Just couple of miles access to a variety of places to eat that are fast food and also restaurants, but they also have a restaurant that is right n the property in the parking lot. Definitely a place I will stay again.. Pluses.... Access, availability, price, atmosphere, hospitality..cleanliness..roomy. Stop by and check it out ......

Room Tip: We stayed in the king size room it was excellent Wonderful bed
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Timbercreek3399
Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I checked in around 10 PM. Decent price for the area. I saw the sign for AAA so I inquired about the discount. Was told, "We don't give discounts." The lady was very friendly at check-in, told me about the best place in town for breakfast, the next morning. Also suggested I go to Golden Corral, which is only open for breakfast Fri., Sat. & Sun. I was there on a Tuesday night.
There were only stairs on the outside to get to room 80, so don't bring your heavy luggage in. The room looked nice when I first walked in. I t did smell REALLY BAD of stale smoke, as it's a smoking room. The rug was damp & had a musty smell to it. It actually smelled like the room hadn't been used in months. I plugged in my laptop and tried to use it. This was not possible if the air conditioner was on. It was 80 degrees outside, so I chose the air over the laptop.
The king sized mattress was VERY soft & uncomfortable. Just as I was headed for bed, I had an itch on my ankle, I looked down and there was a big ole flea having a feast on my. I then felt another bite on my right leg. Then my left ankle again. I was being attacked! I jumped into bed. I didn't get bit in bed, THANKFULLY!!! I could only sleep for 5 very restless hours. At 6:30 AM I finally went to the front office/restaurant for the complimentary "continental" breakfast. The coffee was HORRIBLE!!!! I couldn't even drink it. The danish was inedible. The OJ was undrinkable. Needless to say, I left. After waiting for almost ten minutes at the front desk, with no one there, I again asked the morning front desk person about the AAA discount. She informed me that the AAA discount was only for the restaurant. I pointed out that there was a AAA sign for the motel & that it was also advertised on their business card sitting on the front desk. She then gave me a dirty look and stated again, "It's for the restaurant." I got in my car and started to leave. ANOTHER flea attack. Two on my right ankle & 1 on the left. I went to the nearest store to buy flea spray and sprayed my car.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in Room 80!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
7 Thank richnrich04

Travelers are raving about these Smithfield hotels

Louisiana
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Becky's Log Cabin was a pleasant surprise and good budget-minded alternative to chain motels in the Smithville area. The motel is very convenient to the I-95 exit and has a restaurant on property. This was a basic motel room with two double beds, television and bathroom with combo shower/tub. My only mild complaint would be the somewhat thin walls that allowed some sound intrusion from the adjacent rooms. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable room, a light breakfast and price under $50, you should consider Becky's. You certainly could do a lot worse for twice the price.

Room Tip: Rooms further from the office would be better if you plan to sleep in since there is a good amount o...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LiveLoveTravelNow
Sellersville
Reviewed April 4, 2012

A little hesitant after reading the reviews on line, but when we got there were very pleased with the accomodations. The restaurant/lounge was very nice, quiet, and the food was very good. Would recommend staying at Beckys!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple