“Good Rate But No Amenities”

Becky's Log Cabin Motel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smithfield
Becky's Log Cabin Motel
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Good Rate But No Amenities”
Reviewed May 12, 2008

Just an overnight stopover and I wanted some place I could get in and out of quickly so I thought I'd give it a try. Good check-in, told the clerk I needed a good WiFi signal so she gave me the closest room to the office which was a free upgrade to a king.
Quaint, rustic setting, reminded me of some of the motor courts I see in the NC mountains. If I were the owner I think I'd capitalize on that a little more, maybe some vintage decorating, etc. Clean, comfortable room but spartan. No shampoo, no hair dryer. Restaurant wasn't open for breakfast, but it looked like they had coffee and donuts near the office area. Overall, an OK stay for one night and my rate was pretty good too.

• Liked — Parking right at the room.
  • Disliked — No shampoo or hair dryer.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank rocknrun

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Wyoming, IL
Reviewed February 29, 2008

My husband and I stay at Becky's Log Cabin every June while visiting family and friends in the area. This will make year #10.

Yes, it's not the new hotels you find up and down the highway, but it's quiet, clean, friendly and convenient. It's has every thing we need while we are visiting for two weeks. You don't have kids running the halls and slamming doors all night, the pool is always clean and convienent to the rooms, and the staff is always ready to help if needed.

Read the positive posts for this motel and you willl get the TRUE idea of what's it's like here. We had our rehearsal dinner for our wedding at the Becky's 10 years ago and have our anniversay dinner here ever year. Great food and great service~!

• Liked — cleanliness, service, price and conveinence
  • Disliked — not sure if they have internet
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
3 Thank makeart965
North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2007

Stayed overnight on the recommendation of the couple we were visiting. Although the staff was very friendly the room and the restaurant were in need of some heavy duty cleaning. The beds were uncomfortable and the shower so gross we waited until to checked in at a different hotel to take a bath. This is a favorite place to dine for the couple we were visiting, but we were not impressed. The outside of the hotel looks rustic, unfortunately so are the standards of the cleaning staff.

• Liked — Convenience to shopping
  • Disliked — Lack of basic housekeeping
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank duckbuddy

Travelers are raving about these Smithfield hotels

lumberton, nc
Reviewed July 29, 2006

My wife and I have been here twice and we have had an excellent experience both times. If you are looking for a nice quiet evening and a great place to eat then look no further. The bar is great, the food is great, and the service exceded our expectations. I strongly recommend anyone looking for more for your money to stay here. The rooms are great for the price and you will want to return again and again.

• Liked — The rooms
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dannyboy_28311
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 21, 2006

We selected this motel because it took pets! Unfortunately, it was quite unsatisfactory. We asked for a non-smoking room, but the room had obviously been smoked in, we only had one face towel for two people, the bathtub was gross, the sink didn't drain and the pillows were flat and uncomfortable. It had an adequate refrigerator, but had no other amenities such as a hair dryer, an iron, or even a bedside clock! It also seems to be a residential motel. Gave no discounts - even AARP - Overpriced for the value received!

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed April 9, 2006

We have stayed at Becky's Log Cabin Hotel for about the past 9 years, on our way from Virginia to the resort island where we vacation in South Carolina. It's about the half-way mark for us, and at the time we started traveling with our young dogs (now 12 years old and going strong!) it was one of the few hotels that accepted pets. Our pet-designated rooms have always been clean and adequately stocked. It's very convenient for us to be able to park right outside our room, and not have to deal with elevators. We've always been received graciously at the reception desk. We will continue to stay at Becky's because we've always had a good experience there and feel it is good value for the money.

• Stayed April 2006
3 Thank 11ToFethard
NY, NY
Reviewed March 26, 2006

After a most horrible experience at Howard Johnson, I opted for this property (I really was having a bad night).
I checked out Best Western which was fully booked as was Jameson Inn. We went sent to the Sleep Inn which was an absolutely beautiful property.
I was shown 2 rooms which were georgeous, but because it was 12 midnight, I didn't think it ws fair to pay $76 to sleep till 9am (what a mistake that was..I shouldv'e). We came over to Becky's which looked really nice on the outside. We paid the $45 and proceeded to our room. The room was very basic and I was surprised to see that no bar soap was supplied, no iron.(but there was a dirty refridgerator). The toilet kept filling up all night, and the place seemed somewhat creepy to me.
Needless to say..I wasn't satisfied. We didn't bother to shower as the tub seemed kinda gross looking.
I'm still upset with myself for not exercising better judgement.
Room #65