“A Safe and Interesting Place to Walk Off All That I-95 Driving!”

Carolina Premium Outlets
Ranked #2 of 15 things to do in Smithfield
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Carolina Premium Outlets features an impressive collection of the finest brands for you, your family and your home. Include a shopping stop during your next trip to the area. Located directly off I-95, near Raleigh, North Carolina, you're sure to find impressive savings of 25% to 65% all year round. Local Shop & Stay packages are available.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Stroller parking, Wheelchair access
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a companion piece to my review of the Sleep Inn in Smithfield, N.C. The Outlets and the other "walk-to" shops make this a great place to stop for the night along I-95. There are shops right across the parking lot to the left as you face the entrance to the Sleep Inn. One is a beading supply store with a proprietor who specializes in Kumihimo. It had great selection and prices—wife was impressed. The Boathouse, one of the walk-to restaurants, offers Calabash-style seafood dinners for about $13. The Carolina Premium Outlet stores are about 1/8 mile away, but there are no sidewalks and the motel staff recommends that you drive over. These outlets offer a safe, clean, populated shopping area where you can walk off all that sitting that you did in the car driving along I-95. The Carolina Pottery Outlet is enormous, with fabulous deals on garden décor, carpets and wicker furniture. A very positive experience overall and the exercise brought us a good, sound sleep that night.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

For years I have passed by this outlet mall and never stopped. Had some time on my last trip along I-95 and decided to check out the stores. There is a nice selection of stores. I really enjoyed the Carolina Pottery Store. This was an enormous store filled with all sorts of things from wine to wreaths to patio furniture and so much more. The store seemed to go on & on. My husband found a rather unique Lodge cast iron pot for a great price at Carolina Pottery. I would stop here again even if it is just to visit Carolina Pottery.

1  Thank Sarah R
Reviewed December 28, 2012

The Bath and Body Works, Croc, Yankee Candle, Pepperidge Farm and Nike stores are real outlets! It is a clean area and very easy access off of I-95. Looking for bargains - then these are the outlets!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

The location is on the interstate and it pulls a lot of consumers from other states (we thank you). A wide variety of stores that aren't at your local mall however - the prices are not that much cheaper - think you're at an outlet - no - still pricey for North Carolinians close to this shopping center.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

For years I drove to this outlet mall from Savannah GA. I used it as my half-way rest stop between GA and VA. I could stretch my legs and shop...all at the same time! In 2000 we moved to Smithfield and now it is my local shopping center!! I'm thrilled to have daily access to it! It has a great selection of stores. Discounted prices are a bonus also! COME AND SHOP!!!

2  Thank BetsyC903