“Last one to book full during a baseball tournament FOR A REASON!!”
Review of Days Inn Shelby

Days Inn Shelby
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Shelby
“Last one to book full during a baseball tournament FOR A REASON!!”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

While the bed was fairly comfortable, the bathroom was nasty. Toilet leaked into the floor, toilet seat appeared to be painted and it was pealing. Rooms are EXTREMELY small...must go outside to change your mind small. WIFI is practicaly nonexistent. Breakfast is much like the WIFI...Hot milk, cold coffee, kool-aid, stale donuts, 2 despenered generic cereals, SMALL apples and bananas. Nite clerk is creepy, day clerk is foriegn and bedazzled. Pool sign says OPEN but when you get in the clerk runs you out (apparently open = 10am til 9pm) too bad if you aren't here at their convenience.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 25, 2011

When we (5 of us) arrived on July 7, 2011, we were given three separate dirty rooms. There was mold and mildew on the shower curtain and around the tub and tub wall. The toilets were all spotted with urine. the towels & wash clothes were dingy, too. I cleaned the complete unit, bathroom and sink area with pamolive liquid and clorox. After I cleaned each unit I put the "Do Not Disturb" sign on each of our doors for our entire unfortunate, stay. I purchased sheets, pillows and towels. Other hotel/motel facilities were all booked. Also, upon check-in the clerk lied about extending the $5.00 off the first night stay and accepted the three coupon(s). When other relatives checked-in I informed them as well. WE WILL NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Please, pay attention to the ratings. They really matter.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed June 2, 2011

This is a no-frills motel, and I'm usually okay with that. There were five things that killed this place for me: (1) their free high-speed internet does not have enough capacity for the number of guests with devices wanting to be on the internet. Neither I nor their tech guy could get on the internet in the early evening (not being able to get on the internet was the biggy for me). (2) They do not have any roll-away beds, and with my family of five, that means someone had to sleep on the floor, which was of dubious cleanliness, and any floor is less than comfortable. (3) The upholstered furniture in the room was filthy. I don't mean worn or old, I mean, eeeewww, filthy. (4) The room air conditioning is inadequate to cool the rooms. We checked in at 10:30 p.m. and our room stiflingly hot. It wasn't even pleasantly cool after dinner the next day when the a/c had been on all day. (5) The pool was closed over Memorial Day weekend when it was hot and sweaty and everybody just wanted to get cool. They said it was closed because it had failed the city inspection, which tells me they may not maintain it properly.

The good things: The beds were very comfortable, the room had a microwave and refrigerator, the shower was good and hot, breakfast was average, the room was quiet (no noise from neighbors even though it was fully booked).

Room Tip: Spend an extra twenty and stay at the AmericInn.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank moats002
NC
Reviewed October 17, 2008

You can tell that there has been an effort to update, but things are still a bit dated. The lack of cleanliness was a problem for me. My husband didn't mind. There were hairs and other debris behind the bathroom door and between the bed and nightstand there were small pieces of trash and candy wrappers. I will say that although the boxsprings were old, the mattresses were excellent! We had a good nights sleep. Take your own pillow and a spray bottle of disinfectant.

• Liked — The awesome mattress
  • Disliked — The yucky bathroom
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
Raleigh
Reviewed August 10, 2008

The motel is very dated. But I can live with that. That isn't the problem because when you have travelled extensively you expect these kinds of situations.

The problem was cleanliness. When there is no supervision of the cleaning staff.....or your standards are just that low....you will have problems. I encountered hair stuck to the blow-dryer, surfaces that hadn't been wiped in weeks maybe longer, a pubic hair in the corner of my shower, the finish in the bath tub was lifting/wrinkled, carpet was absolutely filthy, one blanket had possibly fecies right where someone had previously sit.

I was digusted.

Stayed August 2008
Jessup
Reviewed July 5, 2008

This was our worst stay in a hotel ever. We travel as a family three or more times a year and have rarely had a bad stay anywhere. The rooms were pretty dirty, the management is very mean and disrespectful, there were numerous street workers conducting their business at all hours of the day. In our four day stay I witnessed the management in over five arguments involving guests and their staff. Our children were constantly harassed by the daytime managers and spoken to in a very unfriendly manner when they would visit the vending machines. As a result we are planning legal actions. Do yourself a huge favor and stay clear of this place at least until the management changes.

• Liked — Checking out
  • Disliked — The Management
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Norheast OH
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We arrived late the night of our check in and the clerk charged us for one night when I was suppose to pay for two he told me becuz it was so late and we were tired that we could pay for the other nights in the morning. When I went to take care of my bill they told me that we would have to move to another room becuz we didn't pay last night. I had my daughter and two grandchildren with me and that would mean moving alot of our stuff which we didin't want to do, so unhappy with the situation and also being in a room that had broken lamp and shower head, I told the manager that we were not going to stay the rest of the nights and he said FINE. When I got back home to Ohio I found the charges from the nights we didn't stay there. The owner won't return my calls and the corp offfice of Days Inn won't do anything either. So unless you want to stay in terrible rooms and get ripped off DON'T STAY AT THIS HOTEL. But there is a nice hotel down the road from this Days Inn called the Econo Lodge that was wonderful and the people were really friendly not rude like the owners at Days Inn.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shelby
WoodSpring Suites Charlotte Shelby
Comfort Inn Shelby
Comfort Inn Shelby
#6 of 8 in Shelby
Hampton Inn & Suites Shelby
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, Shelby NC
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Boiling Springs - Gardner Webb University
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Boiling...
#1 of 1 in Boiling Springs
Baymont Inn & Suites Forest City

Been to Days Inn Shelby? Share your experiences!