“Great service, average burgers”
Review of Newt's Burgers - CLOSED

Newt's Burgers
Mooresboro, North Carolina
“Great service, average burgers”
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Overall, very good. I'll start with the bad. For the price, I was expecting something with a little more flavor. The burgers did not seem to be seasoned very well. Good, but nothing real special. The fried pickles and sweet potato fries, on the other hand, were great! Service was polite and attentive. I'll probably visit again.

• Visited June 2013

Portland, Oregon
“Newt's Burgers in Shelby, NC”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stopped by here after a day of wondering the hills of NC. It was an unexpected delight. The hamburgers were generous, well cooked, and came in many varieties, including build your own. The sweet potato fries and onion rings were some of the best we have ever had. I do wish that they had swept the patio and washed the door jambs and the table condiment holders...just a little cleaning up would have made it perfect! Service was also, extremely good. If ever nearby at lunch time, we will be back.

• Visited May 2013
Shelby, North Carolina
“It comes and It goes”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I ate here again this week. It's my fourth time going since they opened and live across the street. The first time I was not impressed, the second time sealed the deal, I wasn't going back. I waited a few months, maybe a year or so. My nephew convinced me to go. I really enjoyed my buffalo chicken sandwich. It was amazing. I took my boyfriend back last week, and had to have the same thing. It just wasn't as good. The chicken was super thick and I will give them kudos for getting it cooked through, but man that was to hard to bite into. It just fell apart in my hands. The fries are fine, and the Tots and Onion Rings are delish! The decor is cute, and there is nice outside seating. Definitely try it!

• Visited May 2013
Murphy, North Carolina
“We love Newt's Burgers!”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have eaten at Newt's many times and love their food! I enjoy sitting outside under the umbrellas. I've eaten inside only a few times because it is usually very noisy inside. Not sure what the problem is with that, but no matter how crowded it is, the noise level is always high. Must be an acoustic thing.... Overall, the staff are friendly, the service is good, the place is clean and the food is great!! Love it!

• Visited January 2013
“A great advancement for small town dining”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

While 'tarheelJim' may think servers are supposed to lick his feet clean for him, I found it nice the server wasn't groveling for tips by pretending to be interested in my life. They got my order correct and I had everything I needed. THAT is their job. Lap dance not included there, Jim. The food was pricey, but its a selection you don't usually find in a small southern town (black bean burgers, craft beer, ext.). I see what they were going for with the atmosphere and they almost made it, a little work and it could be better. I did enjoy the cute art work on the chalk boards though. So over all good service, good (if not pricey) food, and what can at least be called an interesting atmosphere. on the upside, atleast the prices might keep the red necks at mc Donalds ;).

• Visited May 2012