“It comes and It goes” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Newt's Burgers - CLOSED

Newt's Burgers
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Shelby, North Carolina
“It comes and It goes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I ate here again this week. It's my fourth time going since they opened and live across the street. The first time I was not impressed, the second time sealed the deal, I wasn't going back. I waited a few months, maybe a year or so. My nephew convinced me to go. I really enjoyed my buffalo chicken sandwich. It was amazing. I took my boyfriend back last week, and had to have the same thing. It just wasn't as good. The chicken was super thick and I will give them kudos for getting it cooked through, but man that was to hard to bite into. It just fell apart in my hands. The fries are fine, and the Tots and Onion Rings are delish! The decor is cute, and there is nice outside seating. Definitely try it!

• Visited May 2013

Murphy, North Carolina
“We love Newt's Burgers!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

We have eaten at Newt's many times and love their food! I enjoy sitting outside under the umbrellas. I've eaten inside only a few times because it is usually very noisy inside. Not sure what the problem is with that, but no matter how crowded it is, the noise level is always high. Must be an acoustic thing.... Overall, the staff are friendly, the service is good, the place is clean and the food is great!! Love it!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“A great advancement for small town dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

While 'tarheelJim' may think servers are supposed to lick his feet clean for him, I found it nice the server wasn't groveling for tips by pretending to be interested in my life. They got my order correct and I had everything I needed. THAT is their job. Lap dance not included there, Jim. The food was pricey, but its a selection you don't usually find in a small southern town (black bean burgers, craft beer, ext.). I see what they were going for with the atmosphere and they almost made it, a little work and it could be better. I did enjoy the cute art work on the chalk boards though. So over all good service, good (if not pricey) food, and what can at least be called an interesting atmosphere. on the upside, atleast the prices might keep the red necks at mc Donalds ;).

• Visited May 2012
Cherryville, North Carolina
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Albeit a Shelby resident gave it a high recommendation this restaurant on the old courthouse square while providing a decent burger was a bit pricey for a light lunch, the burger and fries plus water having a tab over 8 bucks when you add in a tip and the ambience was at best, mundane. The service was okay, but not friendly enough or special in any way to merit more than a routine tip for a quick lunch, and the place was not busy so being busy cannot explain the lack of warmth or friendliness from the server.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank tarheeljim
Lincolnton, NC
“Great Burgers made your way.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have eaten there 3 times and every time it is great. Your burger, your way, where else do you get a choice of bun? I go for the patty melt and the ranch onion rings are a treat, The staff is friendly and come back to check on you to make sure you have all you need or want. It is a litle pricey for a burger, but I have never finished all my food and you get plenty of it. Enjoy. This is not a fancy place just a down to earth good hamburger place. They do have a few other items on the menu, but to tell you the truth I didn't pay much attention to them because I knew I was goijg to have a burger.

• Visited January 2013