“Local's favorite”

Pleasant City Wood Fired Grille
Ranked #4 of 100 Restaurants in Shelby
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is my favorite local restaurant. Located in the middle of downtown, the great atmosphere & friendly wait staff keep us coming back week after week. The thin crust wood fired pizzas are some of thE best you will ever try! The chefs always offer new, creative specials while still keeping the old favorites. Some of my family's favorite pizzas are carne asada, BBQ chicken & chicken pesto. Pleasant City also offers an awesome selection of draft craft beers, including selections from many NC breweries. Tuesdays are half price pizza & 2.50 drafts, but most other nights offer specials as well. If you are in Shelby, this is a must!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We had brown rotten lettuce in our food and the manager tried to argue with us about it and said and didn't care if you don't come back! She was rude! And I won't go back

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten here three times. The first time we were blown away by the food. The service was ok, but nothing exceptional. On our second visit, the food wasn't as good and the service was worse. Thinking it may have been an "off day", we gave it another shot. The service was even worse and the food was just ok. The third visit is likely our last visit. While I prefer to support local businesses, I can, sadly, get a better product with better service at the national chains. Perhaps somebody can convince me to try again... This is a place I would really like to love.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

We love eating at Pleasant City, for lunch mostly, but have been there for dinner also. The location and atmosphere are wonderful, the staff are friendly and prompt, the food is simply awesome! I've never eaten anything there that I didn't just LOVE!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

My adult daughter and I went in for lunch on a Tuesday. Very few other people in the restaurant. We ordered the Margharita Pizza and Cranberry Turkey Sandwich (they brought us the Cranberry Chicken Salad Sandwich instead but we didn't say anything). Both were good and service was quick. I'd go again and like to try some more of the many pizza choices.