“Met our needs for 2 nights” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shallotte
Greensboro
“Met our needs for 2 nights”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Length of stay: 2 nights
Location: A. Close to intersection of Hwy 130 and Hwy 17. We traveled south on Hwy 130 to get here and found it on the right after passing over Hwy 17. We also traveled on Hwy 17 and the hotel is off of the exit. The distance to Whiteville was just over 30 minutes driving.
B. There is enough around here to walk to or drive a short distance to in terms of food and gas. The major area of Shallotte is found by driving. Within sight is an Exxon, Wendy's, KFC, and Bojangles (chicken).
Room: 2 beds with a sofabed. This was the 1st time that I used a sofabed and it didn't disappoint. The mattress was thinner but I was able to sleep through the nights. Converting the couch to bed and reverse was easy. The room came with a small fridge and microwave. The rest of the room was like any other hotel.
Breakfast: Area was small but the Meeting room was opened and that had plenty of room. The choices I remember included hot biscuits, sausage links, eggs, waffle machine with 2 two choices of waffle batter to use. cereals, breads, yogurt, apple and orange juice, It's hard to rate breakfasts since I think breakfasts overall served by hotels have gotten better but I would rate this above average.
Laundry: Didn't use
Exercise: Didn't use. Saw that it was small but only remember a treadmill.
Disadvantage: No elevator but stairs. This wasn't a disadvantage to us but anyone reading this who can't get up and down well may want to take this into consideration. The hotel is 2 floors.
Nothing else caught my eye to mention.

Room Tip: Remember there is no elevator but stairs.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Sterling, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

We spent 5 days here for our son's wedding at Brick Landing Plantation, so we got to see a little bit of everything. On checkin, apparently the staff was still recovering from a water leak, so for the first day or two there were some soggy carpets in some of our group's rooms. Some rooms had dehumidifiers to help. One of our crew is very sensitive to odd smells, so she had to be moved to another room...we had to 'sniff test' 7 others before we found one she could tolerate. Not really the hotel's fault. The room she was originally given did have an odor that we later found out a previous guest had smoked in. By the time my brother arrived 1 day later, given the exact same room, the smell was gone.

The hotel is very conveniently located to most things. It's right off HWY 17, so it's a short drive to Myrtle Beach and to the NC beaches. The pool is nice, clean, but a little on the small side. The breakfast area is very well appointed, but we were underwhelmed with the breakfasts.

The staff was very polite and very accommodating and went above and beyond trying to accommodate our special needs.

By the time we left, there was no evidence of the water leak and the hotel seemed to be running like a well oiled clock. We'd like to give a special shout out to Rebecca, Jennifer, and Ronda.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the first floor...no elevator
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

The staff are friendly and service oriented. The hotel lacks on cleanliness. the floor in my room didn't look like it had been vaccumed in a while. I could tell the hallways weren't being cleaned daily. the same stuff was on the hallway carpet the four days I was there. They carter to contractors. They woke me every morning at 4:30 when they were headed to work. The walls lack insulation, The alarm ringing in the room next door would wake me. This hotel needs TLC. I am staying at the Econo Lodge down the street next time.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank frequenttravelerdave
North Riverside
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

When we arrived the main lobby was clean and open. All hotel personnel were very nice. Now the room had a bit of a musty odor and the carpets had several stains and a tear behind the entry door. The bathroom's cleanliness was questionable. I think it gets a wipe down, but scrub hmmm no. The bed was clean and comfortable but remember if you want your sheets change leave that card on the pillow. They did not have as many pillows as the other Comfort Inns I have visited, that was a bummer. I just don't get that any facility that displays the Comfort Inn sign is not held to the same standard of modern renovation.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aprilglow

Travelers are raving about these Shallotte hotels

Seagrove, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I was reluctant to stay more than one night. I only paid for one night not being sure as reading reviews from others. Needless to say that I screwed myself out of one more night by judging from reviews. The room was a double with plenty of room. No smoking of course as I don't smoke and the smell makes me nauseous. There was a slight moldy smell just as you walked in the room but was not in the least a problem after you entered the room as I have always noticed this at anything other than a 5star setting. And yes they do not have an elevator but its not that big of a deal. Tourist are just lazy. Only 2floors so be it. I regret only getting the room for one night as they were booked by the next morning. But I learned that this place really was a comfortable inn to stay at. The lady at the front desk and all the help that made eye contact were very polite nice and helpful. I would recommend this place to anyone that wants to stay in the area. There was even plenty of hot water. I mean I had no complaints of this place at all and I went in looking for something wrong according to the reviews that I read before choosing this inn. I hope that you and your family have as great an experience as I did. Just try to read between the lines of Tourist!

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank randum
Conyers, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We had a SCUBA trip planned the next day after a long drive in from Conyers GA. The front staff was friendly and the rooms were spacious and clean. The beds were comfortable and check out was a breeze. The

The only reason I gave them a 4 instead of a 5 was that despite it being a non smoking room, the room smelled of smoke. The bathroom fan was left on so it's pretty obvious that the cleaning staff knew about the problem. I told the front desk but I don't know if they would have switched our room because we didn't ask them to.

Still all in all, it was much cheaper than a comparable room in North Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed August 2013
Garner, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

While vacationing at the beach decided to stay here for the wkend...location was a plus but the breakfast was a minus..overall the rooms were clean and staff was helpful..We were upgraded to a suite without any problems due to my fiances health..

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shallotte
Econo Lodge Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#13 of 54 in North Myrtle Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 125 reviews

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!