“Awesome Place for Breakfast”

The Purple Onion Cafe
Ranked #3 of 48 Restaurants in Shallotte
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Purple Onion Cafe opened on Main Street in Shallotte in 2004. Since then they have become a community favorite serving locals & visitors breakfast and lunch with a delicious menu of pastries, traditional breakfast items, burgers, sandwiches, soups, salads and desserts.
Winchester, Virginia
“Awesome Place for Breakfast”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The service is warm and friendly. The food was just plain breakfast food but VERY good. However, the homemade bread they use for toast is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!

Visited August 2013

DuBois, Pennsylvania
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

We stopped by The Purple Onion Café for lunch on our way to Ocean Isle Beach. I wasn't expecting much but once I saw the menu I was pleasantly surprised. The menu was extensive and when our food came it was delicious. I had a turkey bacon avocado wrap & homemade potato chips. The turkey was so fresh & flavorful I couldn't stop eating it. The wrap was huge. Stuffed mostly with turkey so I definitely got my moneys worth. The frosted brownie I had for dessert was amazing. The staff was friendly, polite & very efficient. Our waiter even offered us drinks to go which was a nice surprise. We will definitely stop back on our next trip.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Once again a great lunch at a great restaurant! Kids liked the chicken tenders, salads are great portions, and my wrap hit the spot. The cookies also were excelent!

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“hidden find”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Better than the chain restaurants. Open for breakfast and lunch. A
lot of food for the money. Great tasting. Will return next trip south.

Leland, North Carolina
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

During summer months, it is not unusual to have to wait for a table here. While you are waiting, it is hard not to be tempted by the selection of baked goods in glass cases in front of you! I have been here for both breakfast and lunch, and everyone leaves happy. For this visit we arrived as the restaurant transitioned from breakfast to lunch. At our table, we had two different salads, both very fresh and nicely presented. One friend ordered a sandwich along with their yummy home made potato chips. You select your choice of homemade bread. Our service was prompt and attentive.