“Good Food”

Jerome's Steak & Seafood
Ranked #17 of 48 Restaurants in Shallotte
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Lexington, North Carolina
“Good Food”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Good food and service most any time we have eaten here. My only suggestion to be aware of the change-over time from lunch buffet to dinner salad bar and menu orders. When the change time occurs you best have your grazing done or you will not have a food bar to return to for seconds or nibbles.
Good Selection and Fresh food!

Visited May 2014

Sunset Beach, North Carolina
“Attention to detail lacking.”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I didn't want to travel north or south for a good steak so I stopped in here. Salad bar was great but I did notice most of the lettuce was browned more than I would like and mostly the inner harder leaves. My beef tips were cooked extremely well but the mushroom gravy had very few mushrooms, maybe they were just small.

My complaint is that I had a "finger wipe" mark on my plate, I ran out of tea twice (it was great by the way) and the bathroom was nothing to be desired. I actually just washed my hands and skipped the restroom part. Most of the tables had food under them and some of the chair backs were noticeably greasy. Just more attention to detail would have been nice.

Will return but maybe for just the salad bar, plus it was a good price.

Cramerton, North Carolina, United States
“Best Whole Flounder Ever!”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Jerome's is the best seafood in the Shalotte area. The whole flounder is to die for! A huge piece of fried flounder a little bigger than the plate arrived. The seafood platter was also excellent with the best scallops I think I've ever eaten. The fish tasted like it was caught that very day, and it was fried to perfection. Even the slaw and hushpuppies were remarkable. There is also a nice salad bar, and others at the table said that the steak was delicious, too.

• Visited June 2014
Robbins, NC
“Outstanding Salad Bar”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Food was excellent, and the salad bar is wonderful!!!
Waitress service is good, and even though we had to stand in line for about 15 minutes, we did arrive right at the dinner hour! I got the peppered catfish, and it was wonderful!! This is defintely one place to eat at if you are in and around Shallotte, NC!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank TMabe
Southport, North Carolina
“Food was not good.”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

I ordered grilled chicken - it was like eating rubber. It was not eatable. I had a salad bar which was okay and a baked potato. I ate a couple of bites of the baked potato and then tried the chicken - called the waitress over and told her - well showed her the chicken was like rubber. She had an attitude and asked if I wanted something else. I said no - she took the plate away and brought me a bill for the salad bar and the baked potato - she said "you ate some of it" - but she had taken it away... I just paid and sent somewhere else. I will never go back.

• Visited May 2014