“Ask for Reagan...”

Wing and Fish Company
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Shallotte
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated restaurant. We pride ourselves on our food quality. We serve the freshest fish anywhere around. We know this because we catch the fish ourselves. If we don't have it, it's not biting! We have 7 big screen TV's around the restaurant so you can enjoy a wide array of sporting events while dining on any of our delicious menu options.
north carolina
“Ask for Reagan...”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just returned from Carolina Wing and Fish.This was my second visit. My first experience at CWF was perfect. After seeing several negative reviews I was almost hesitant to return.
I had a very similar experience again ..The entire place was full so I expected the service to not be so immediate but I was in no rush at all.
As soon as we were seated our server (Reagan) took our drink orders...Two minutes later we had drinks...At this point she took our Dinner order- Appetizer arrived quickly (Boneless Wings)...soup was timed to arrive exactly as we were finishing the six wings..Soup was excellent- Seafood chowder full of shrimp...Wonderful choice...After soup we split a large house salad and a shrimp wrap...The salad was cold , fresh and very good- The shrimp wrap was HUGE and packed full of shrimp engulfed in a semi - hot sauce..
Everything was really good- Our server (Reagan) was very busy but we lacked for nothing...During our meal a tall fellow wearing shorts stopped by our table and asked if everything was OK..assuming he was the Manager/owner maybe..Assured him everything was great....Good place to eat, watch a game, take kids...
Not one single complaint other than a lady next to us wouldn't stop talking....non stop and loud..
The other servers near our table seemed very good and attentive also.

Great experience and looking forward to returning soon

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank hygiene1
Stephanie M, Owner at Wing and Fish Company, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for your compliments to the restaurant and to Ragan! Ownership of Wing & Fish Company changed in April of 2013 and fixing the for our customers service has been one of our top priorities. There was such a negative stigma attached to the restaurant and it's been quite challenging to overturn that. I'm very pleased and reassured to hear that you experienced excellent service. As far as the loud lady next to you.... I think that's out of my realm of fixes! HA!

Supply, North Carolina
“Wish I could have reviewed the food”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I entered the front door at 9:30pm on Friday night (12/06/13) after attending a local auction. I was looking for an appetizer and maybe a beer or two. I could hear someone inside screaming obscenities as soon as the door cracked open. I thought a fight was in progress at first. I spent the next 5-10 minutes browsing the menu (on the wall to the right as you enter) hoping the yelling and obscenities would calm down a bit. I looked for a quiet place to grab a snack but their was nowhere to hide. After peeking into the bar area it appeared all the commotion was coming from a table between the bar and the front door. Honestly, the menu looked good. I was hoping to try some food. I've never been in a bar in my life that allowed this type of behavior, much less ones that are also claiming to offer restaurant service. What if my family had been with me?

Get a bouncer, call the cops, or kindly ask them to leave.........please don't let a few drunks wreck this business. I would really like to review the food next time, there is very little to eat in Shallotte..

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank jose9648
Stephanie M, Owner at Wing and Fish Company, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
I hate that we were so harshly judged from the actions of one customer. We are a family owned restaurant, so obviously we don't tolerate obscenities. The group in here that night were owners and employees from a very respectable, local, long standing business. They were having their annual Christmas party. I was also here that night sitting two tables down from them with a town official and his family. I witnessed everything start to finish. Yes, they got a little loud. No, I did not hear any inappropriate language. My general manager visted them one time to ask them to quiet down and they immediately did. He never had to revisit their table again. I'm sorry you were so negatively impacted. I wish you would have expressed these concerns to us that night and in person. I invite you back to experience our atmosphere. It is one of the best you will find in town.
“There's a new pub in town....”
Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

This place has become our new "go to" mainly for dinner. Good food and service plus their prices are reasonable. The seafood chowder is fantastic actually, most of their soups are. Had spareribs last night which were some of the best I've ever had. When you're in Shallotte,
make sure you stop by...you won't be disappointed.

Thank you for your repeat business. Firday nights are so much fun at Wing & Fish Company! I'm so glad you have chosen us as your Friday destination! If there is ever anything we can do for you and your family, please let us know!
Holden Beach, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“good food and place to relax in”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Friday night prime rib special is wonderful!! We are locals and this is our Friday night place to eat. We even ask for the chef to make some specials that are not for that night and he has always granted our meal request. We have had great service and we have stuck by and been patient with the answers servers. So happy for a good restaurant in Shallotte.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank kayemattingly
Stephanie M, Owner at Wing and Fish Company, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for your continued business. I'm so glad we are your Friday night choice! Chef House prides himself on that prime rib and works hard to make sure it's right! We will always try our best to accomodate any special requests, so keep them coming! We look forward to seeing you this Friday!
Shallotte, North Carolina
“A better alternative”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Living in Shallotte we were aware of the change on "Wings and Fish". We finally have a good place to go where you can get a drink and good food. I like the ribs as I am not a fish lover, my wife had the Fish and Chips last night and loved it. Keep up the good work.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank BobShallotte_NC
Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your business. We are always trying to be better and make sure our customers are happy so any and all feedback is much appreciated! Come back soon for more fun and good food!