“Improve the wings or change the name.”

Wing and Fish Company
Ranked #4 of 48 Restaurants in Shallotte
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a locally owned and operated restaurant. We pride ourselves on our food quality. We serve the freshest fish anywhere around. We know this because we catch the fish ourselves. If we don't have it, it's not biting! We have 7 big screen TV's around the restaurant so you can enjoy a wide array of sporting events while dining on any of our delicious menu options.
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I ordered wings since I was at the wing co. A mistake. They were small, meatless, overcooked making them dry on the inside and over saturated with so-so sauce on the outside. Honey garlic was like sweet water with raw garlic and the medium heat was OK. The worst blue cheese dressing ever. It tasted like powdered ranch that had not been diluted enough and a few pieces of dried blue cheese the size of sesame seeds. Horrible artificial flavor! I thought the wings were expensive for what you got. Twenty wings for $17 and the basket was only half full.
The thing to order seems to be a variety of seafood at reasonable prices. I will try again and just pretend I'm at the Carolina Fish Co. Service was average for the area, spacey airhead.

2  Thank retrieversrule
SMCM7911, Owner at Wing and Fish Company, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

I'm so sorry you had such a negative experience. All of our sauces and dressings are homemade from scratch. We are actually changing our name very soon to reflect the fresh fish we bring in from our fleet of boats. The new name will be "OIFC Wing and Fish Company." I sincerely hope you make a return visit and try us out again.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Last Saturday June 15, 2013 we wanted to give Carolina Wing Company a try. I had the fried seafood plate, and my wife had the boneless chicken wings. The seafood and wings were very good. The service and the upscale atmosphere was great. All the waitresses were hopping. Might have been because Capt. Brant was keeping his eye on things. Just because I think the price may be a little high will not keep us away. We will be back to try more items off the menu.
Charlie and Bonnie

4  Thank Kingfisher28462
SMCM7911, Owner at Wing and Fish Company, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

Thanks for coming in and for your review! We really appreciate our repeat customers and hope to always have that fun and "hopping" environment you mentioned!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have been to this restaurant 4-5 times and the wings are always great. The service however has ranged from medicore to awful. The last time I was there I waited 15 minutes and walked out because no one had even said hello. I doubt I will return.

1  Thank Guest480

As new owners of the Wing Company, we knew we had hurdles to jump to improve the reputation. We have jump started our staff and really enforced excellent customer service. That is very important to my management team. I understand your frustration and I'm very sorry. Please accept my invitation to return and let us try again.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

If you have not eaten at The Carolina Wing Company, you have missed out! This place is wonderful. The owner is a fabulous fisherman who catches all the fish! It does not get any better than this. If your in the mood for the freshest fish, wings, or whatever... This is the place to go!! When I am in NC, I eat there every day and night. The Best!!!

2  Thank Susan F
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Wow! This is Shallotte's golden gem! Besides the great atmosphere and sports themed bar, the food is outstanding! They serve everything from wings and bar food to gourmet fish and prime rib! There are about 14 beers on tap and TV's everywhere! Shallotte needs to step up and help to be sure this place succeeds. The management is always there to make sure everything is right and everyone is happy. You can't find this quality of food anywhere else in our area.

1  Thank Luv2trvl029