“For the money, not bad for an overnight stay.”

Rodeway Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shallotte
High Point, North Carolina
“For the money, not bad for an overnight stay.”
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Staff was super friendly and accommodating. Checked in and got a small room ground level by pool, but upon turning on the air conditioner, it smelled horrible, like human urine. The room had a terrible musky smell. Upon complaining at the desk, we were given another larger room on the second floor at no additional charge. The management was friendly and quick to respond, and obviously wanting to please. It's my understanding that this motel is under new management. Very close to nice restaurants and about 13 miles from the beach. Likely, I'll consider staying here again next summer.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Southern US
Reviewed August 20, 2014

I am not normally one who chooses to stay in economy-level hotels, because I have gotten a bit fussier as I have grown older. But this time we were coming to visit family in the area, right during peak summer season, and I couldn't bear to spend $200 or more on a midpriced hotel that wouldn't be that great. So we booked 2 rooms at the Econo Lodge and I was pleasantly surprised by the experience.

Yes, you feel like a criminal if you come at night because of the window you have to speak through in order to be let in. But after that, it did not really feel like an economy experience. The front desk folks were nice and courteous, the rooms were basic and clean with no problems. The bed was a bit hard for my taste, and I usually like firm beds, but it didn't bother me enough to keep me up all night.

I do have to share a funny moment. We had 2 rooms, I had a single queen and my family members had a two queen room. One of the family members is "nearing 80" as she says. When her son pointed out that the full-length mirrors along the wall were kind of odd and reminded him of the 70s, she said "those are for the orgies!" It was too funny, and may be a selling point for some of you out there to know that!

I did not have the breakfast, but one person in the group said it was fine. Small pool, but you are close to the beach so who needs the pool?

Room Tip: try for the top floor if you don't want to hear giants walking above you.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank SuziQ22
Apex, North Carolina
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Take this into perspective that this is a no frills hotel. We booked a suite so that we could have a fridge, microwave and all the other amenities that you expect at a hotel. We needed a good bed and a place to prepare food and received all of that for the least amount in the town of Shallotte. there is only three hotels to choose from and we have now stayed at all three. This one definitely was the least expensive, clean, no frills and offered everything on a suite level.

Room Tip: definitely pick a suite if you can
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Cocoa, Florida
Reviewed July 18, 2014

This hotel was a pleasant surprise the front desk person was pleasant and very helpful. The room was very nice and clean, bed very comfortable and bathroom spotless. The only slight problem was missing the turn for the hotel. Otherwise a nice stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Joyce G
Elmira, New York
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Temp Stay here to try & save a little money for the the near-by wedding we were attending over the weekend. Big mistake! Okay, I think it was clean; hard to tell over the strong room deodorizers, and very near wedding site. (We thought we were saving a couple of hundred dollars for 2 days), spend the extra! Pool slightly larger than a bath tub. Stinky room had a sign in it listing charges for inferior furnishings if you stole them. WOW, feel welcome and like a thief at same time. Although I've never stolen anything from a room, if I did... It would not be from this motel. I'm not a snob but bedding and everything else was very low end. Pay the extra & stay at Marriott or resort.

Room Tip: Limited options for lodging
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
5 Thank Ted B

Travelers are raving about these Shallotte hotels

Bolton, North Carolina
Reviewed June 10, 2014

allmost as a 5 star.CLEAN, CLEAN. I havent been treated this good in a long time.The staff was better than 5 star.You will not find a better deal, cleanliness like this anywhere in this area. If you are looking for peace and a very secure atmosphere this is your place. I have stayed in this area many times and this has been the best, top of the line and affordable place I have ever stayed . Cameras throughout. very family friendly. Helpful staff, you name it. I have read the other reviews and some of them perplexed me. The mattresses are very comfortable. Overall I give them a 5 star. because thats the highest I could give. Will I stay here again? You bet!!I just came back and will be staying 2 more days. I will leave tomorrow. Can't wait to come back. What an experience.

Room Tip: There's not a fitness center.All rooms I have stay in the 3 floor were good. As I mentioned the...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas M
Garner, North Carolina
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

After searching the ONE and ONLY Trip Advisor for a nice hotel, we choose Econo Lodge in Shallotte NC. Ive read many great reviews amd wanted to see for myself!!! I actually found myself LOOKING for filth!!! Found none!!! Even looked on the baseboards!!! No dust AT ALL!!! The ONLY thing i could find is that there wasnt a sign at the road directing you as to HOW to get to the hotel!!! That was a chore in itself!!! The staff WAS as great as I read and the room WAS clean!!! Kudos to the management AND staff who detail the rooms!! Thank you!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank cowgirlup4293
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shallotte
Days Inn Shallotte
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southport - Oak Island Area
Sleep Inn at Harbour View
Sleep Inn at Harbour View
#2 of 4 in Little River

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!