“ONE OF THE BEST STAYS”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Shallotte
Tampa, Florida
“ONE OF THE BEST STAYS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Room. Overall. Was ok. Very clean. Good mattress. Good smell. Like clean very good for what I pay. Not a 5 star resort. If I wanted that. I would have to drive back an hour and pay at least $200 a night. The hispanic guy that works at the front desk was outstanding.as I was checking out. He had a very unpleasent guest (female)that I personally think that she is not a happy person at all. And the clerk handle the issue very well on a professional manner..I will stay here again. No doubt. :)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank chico813

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Steamboat Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

DO NOT STAY HERE!! We stayed at this hotel in mid August, when we received our credit card statement we found an additional charge of $83 to the bill. When I called to find out what happened the manager/owner informed me that our service dog had left such a smell (in the less than 12 hours we had occupied the room) that the employee at the time almost "threw-up and they had to leave the room vacant for weeks"...THIS IS A LIE. This is completely untrue and all I can imagine is that it is their way of making more money by fabricating stories and ripping off their customers. We were on a week + long road trip coming from the south and stayed in over 8 rooms with our pet and not ONE other hotel had an issue...because our dog did not smell!!! STAY AWAY they will rip you off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 08HeatherR

Travelers are raving about these Shallotte hotels

Whiteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Rooms are the size of a closet. I expected better for what I had to pay to get a room!! No amenities! No fridge, no coffee pot and the coffee in the lobby is watered down. Beds are very hard. It is like sleeping on a concrete slab. No one was able to get any decent rest due to the pain these beds caused to our backs and necks. Today is suppose to be an enjoyable day spent at Holden Beach but I don't know how much fun we will have since we are all so tired. I will never stay here again

Room Tip: Best tip I can offer.....find another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

Do not expect a five-star luxury hotel, as this a nice, clean, comfortable and affordable hotel convenient to Holden Beach, NC. The staff is friendly and accommodating for anything you may need. Complimentary continental breakfast is also included, but, again, do not expect a huge buffet. An extra thank you to the staff and housecleaning, as I left behind a makeup mirror in my room and they promptly mailed it to me...so very nice and unexpected! Thanks so much Econo Lodge :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Joni S
pHILADELPHIA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Needed a hotel at the last minute on a trip to the area. It was fine for the night. Looks like it had been remodeled recently. Reasonable price for the night. Front desk emplolyees nice. Breakfast in the morning was OK with the standards. Clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PHABC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

I don't know why thy hav rated this hotel so high.Its gross,small,HAS NOT been renovated,and the size of a closet.I don't care about the price, I just went because the rating was high and it was late and it was near me.I mean I was only there for 8 hrs sleeping but very disapointed. The only good thing was the guy at the front desk was very nice.just keep on goin down the road unless u need something cheap!

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank hairbyt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was clean and comfortable. The staff was helpful and polite. The only negative thing I'd say is there was no in-room coffee, and the coffee in the breakfast area was very weak. Ugh! Close enough to the beach. Good location with lots of stores and restaurants conveniently nearby. Yes, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shallotte
Ocean Isle Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Southport - Oak Island Area
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#14 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach

Been to Rodeway Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!