“Even better than I remembered”

River's Edge Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Shallotte
More attraction details
Owner description: Arnold Palmer designed layout was selected by Golf Magazine as one of the top 20 "Best New Courses that you can play" in the United States.
Reviewed April 20, 2016

When I last visited River's Edge, the greens were a different variety of grass. The new greens rolled very well and true. The staff was excellent. The cart attendant and the starter were very friendly.

The course is just so unique. No two holes are alike. There are plenty of risk/reward holes. For some reason, I always struggle with number 9. It requires 3 precise shots.

The closing holes are all strong. I like the fact that depending on the wind conditions, you will need to use all of the clubs in the bag. Overall, conditions were excellent....although a couple of traps were spotty.

I would recommend this course to anyone looking for a unique golf experience.

Date of experience: April 2016
Jeff P, Manager at River's Edge Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2016

Tom S,

Thank you for the review. Don't worry about number 9, we all struggle with that one! Look forward to seeing you again soon!

All reviews
"marsh"
"tees"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed March 30, 2016 via mobile

I took a group of 16 golfers on our annual 4 day golf excursion and River's Edge was our final stop this year. Though I had only read online reviews about the course, we truly saved the best for last! The course layout was not only set beautifully along the river, it also provided a fun and challenging day for our golfers. Even the golfers that did not perform as well as they would have liked, still enjoyed the scenic view and uniqueness of the course. I initially choose the course because it gave us a course north of Myrtle Beach that we could hit on our way back to PA (we stayed in North Myrtle Beach) but I got a feeling it will become a recurring course for us.

The pro shop and starter folks were all very friendly and helpful to us, just a slight issue with a ranger telling us at hole 10 to speed it up a little when we had been right on pace and even waiting a little on the groups ahead of us the whole front nine. The only separation at hole 10 was due to our bathroom break at the turn. But overall we were happy with the course personnel and all the clubhouse amenities and food.

I would highly recommend this course to anyone or any groups considering it.

NHW2700,

Thank you for the review and we appreciate the compliments in regards to course and staff. I apologize if the starter came off too stern, however, we do encourage all groups keep pace with the group in front of them. Unfortunately, gaps can happen very quickly that will offset the pace of play for the entire day. I will be sure to check with the team member you spoke with to ensure we are not "jumping too quick". With a difficult layout here at Rivers Edge, Pace of Play is our main focus aside from serving our guests. Again, we appreciate your review and your business. Look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed March 23, 2016

This course is worth the travel. 6 holes on the marsh, streams in the middle of the fairway, great bunkering, and overall excellent condition. Holes 8-9 and 15-18 are worth the greens fee. The course is permitting some of the waste bunkers to grow in as rough, but the rest of the course is excellent. The marsh holes are a true test from the white tees with the tips being a bear. The 9th hole is one of the most spectacular par 5's on the strand. A plateau fairway with marsh on the left on the drive and a forced carry over the marsh on the second to a 3rd to a narrow sliver of green. A really hard hole but a great hole. Take the time to play this gem in N.C. A 45 Min. drive from MB. but well worth the travel.

Reviewed March 23, 2016

Arrived and bag man took bags from trunk of car and after we parked car saw him cleaning our clubs prior to play. Beautiful club house with friendly employees with knowledge of course. Fun to play if you use your head. After we finished the bag man cleaned our clubs again while we went for car.

Date of experience: July 2015