“Best view in Shallotte!”

River's Edge Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Shallotte
More attraction details
Owner description: Arnold Palmer designed layout was selected by Golf Magazine as one of the top 20 "Best New Courses that you can play" in the United States.
Reviewed June 27, 2015

This is my favorite golf course in the entire Myrtle Beach area! Very playable, lots of fun carrys, scenic well framed views around every corner, and so much fun to sit on the restaurant covered deck and watch groups come in on 18!! The food in very good and drinks from a full bar do not disappoint! We like to go to their driving range and putting green and then finish with lunch even when we don't have time for 18.

1  Thank Bobby P
"marsh"
"tees"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed June 26, 2015

River's Edge is a very nice golf course with beautiful views, lots of water and very interesting holes, all at a great price. Our fees were dramatically lowered as they had recently aerated the greens. While it wasn't the greatest surface to putt, it was such a good deal that we forgave the greens keeper. Several of our group rented clubs for $25, but with the clubs, you get 24 brand new balls that cost $25, so you basically get the club rental free. The golf carts were in good shape. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lunch at the club house was also a great deal at only $8.95 for a large burger, or BBQ sandwich, fries and a large draft beer. The only negatives were that the clubhouse AC was not working to full capacity and the score card did not give you the layout of the holes for those who have never played the course before.

1  Thank Chuck R
Reviewed June 24, 2015

This course is one of a kind for the following reasons:

1. If has an amazing design and uses the natural beauty of the bay and woods.
2. They actually think about the golfer and their dollar. The price was greatly reduced due to the conditions of their greens. When this course is in tip-top shape, it is worth $75/round. When I played, the greens were terrible. I was able to play after 2:30 for $30 (including cart). Then they gave me a 20% coupon for my next round or $24. I do not care how bad the greens were. $24 to play this design is a steal.

They over-seed their greens. The Bermuda grass (when full) is a great surface to put on. They will brag about the kind of Bermuda, but it is nice. They aerified in early June and the process almost destroyed the Bermuda grass. This left some of the greens almost like what you would expect in Haiti (green painted dirt). About 1/3 of the greens were just OK. About 1/3 were the worst I have ever played. I just gave myself a two-putt on every green and moved on. As I said before, the price plus the design of this course made me totally forget about the greens.

I played the tips and used every club in my bag. I was also able to play by myself after 2:30 and get around in less than 3 hours :) I highly recommend this course even with the poor greens.

Reviewed June 8, 2015

Played in a Charity event at River's Edge Golf Club and the course was in excellent condition. Clubhouse was good as well as the Golf Shop. I would go back again.