Open today: 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Shotmaker's Course

River's Edge was in excellent shape and the layout is very tough but fair from the different tee... read more

Reviewed September 27, 2020
dstevenson14
Hillsborough, North Carolina
Challenging

Played here in November. Course was in good shape. Definitely target golf - no grip and rip it... read more

Reviewed November 8, 2019
Swilcan
Illinois

All reviews tee boxes grand strand in excellent shape lots of water bring lots hole clubhouse rounds revenge deck
Selected filters
Reviewed June 26, 2015

River's Edge is a very nice golf course with beautiful views, lots of water and very interesting holes, all at a great price. Our fees were dramatically lowered as they had recently aerated the greens. While it wasn't the greatest surface to putt, it was such a good deal that we forgave the greens keeper. Several of our group rented clubs for $25, but with the clubs, you get 24 brand new balls that cost $25, so you basically get the club rental free. The golf carts were in good shape. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The lunch at the club house was also a great deal at only $8.95 for a large burger, or BBQ sandwich, fries and a large draft beer. The only negatives were that the clubhouse AC was not working to full capacity and the score card did not give you the layout of the holes for those who have never played the course before.

1  Thank 790chuckr
Reviewed June 24, 2015

This course is one of a kind for the following reasons:

1. If has an amazing design and uses the natural beauty of the bay and woods.
2. They actually think about the golfer and their dollar. The price was greatly reduced due to the conditions of their greens. When this course is in tip-top shape, it is worth $75/round. When I played, the greens were terrible. I was able to play after 2:30 for $30 (including cart). Then they gave me a 20% coupon for my next round or $24. I do not care how bad the greens were. $24 to play this design is a steal.

They over-seed their greens. The Bermuda grass (when full) is a great surface to put on. They will brag about the kind of Bermuda, but it is nice. They aerified in early June and the process almost destroyed the Bermuda grass. This left some of the greens almost like what you would expect in Haiti (green painted dirt). About 1/3 of the greens were just OK. About 1/3 were the worst I have ever played. I just gave myself a two-putt on every green and moved on. As I said before, the price plus the design of this course made me totally forget about the greens.

I played the tips and used every club in my bag. I was also able to play by myself after 2:30 and get around in less than 3 hours :) I highly recommend this course even with the poor greens.

Reviewed June 8, 2015

Played in a Charity event at River's Edge Golf Club and the course was in excellent condition. Clubhouse was good as well as the Golf Shop. I would go back again.

Reviewed June 7, 2015

Great layout, challenging but fair. Shot makers course. Fairways in excellent condition, no need to roll your ball in the fairway. Green were aerated a few days before we played and very slow. We will go back when greens are better recovered. Fees discounted very appropriately for the aerated greens.

Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

Great course design, very scenic but the maintenance is terrible. Played on vacation last two years and greens were terrible. Last year it was cold winter damage. The course is so interesting we wanted to play again hoping it would be better. This year we were told greens aerated 10 days ago, it looked like it was yesterday, totally unplayable and the tee boxes were horrible, hard to find grass. Should be premier course in area but the condition of the course makes it unplayable. Management should be embarrassed charging people for enduring these conditions.