“Horrid!”
Review of The Grille - CLOSED

The Grille
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout
Description: This is a wonderful little restaurant (in a gas station behind Naber Dodge!) of all places! The chef (Sal) left a larger restaurant to go out on his own and he is clearly going to do very well. He makes the best shrimp and grits we've ever had, she crab soup, shrimp bisque, chicken salad, pizza's, homemade potato chips, homemade tortilla chips, etc. Open for breakfast and lunch. He also runs a catering business. Style is kind of local and simple but with a gourmet touch! Wonderful.
Durham, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrid!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

I have eaten lunch here several times and it was always THE best!

I had always heard people talk about how good breakfast was.

I finally made it on Oct. 20 for Breakfast. I should have stayed home. The grits were stiff and cold and nasty and yuck! the sausage was so over cooked it was dry and burnt on one side. The eggs were over cooked. The pancake was the only thing I could eat.

Our waitress never came back to refill our coffee.

When we went up to pay, the young lady that checked us out asked how everything was and when I tried to tell her, she ignored me and was talking to her co worker.

Needless to say, I will not go back. Too bad because it was a great place and now has gone down hill. Very sad.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“A great meal!!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

We recently stopped by and had some of their jambalaya! What a treat!!! This place is great!! We will return!!!

Greensboro, North Carolina
“Man, what a find..”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Our waitress at Inlet View recommended this place for lunch (they're only open for breakfast and lunch). My wife ordered a crab cake sandwich with hush puppies. I ordered the she crab soup with seafood enchilada (they call it taco). The crab cake had no filler, and my wife, who grew up on the water, pronounced it excellent. My soup was as good as any you'll find in Charleston--just a hint of sherry made it right on. The enchilada was OK, but kind of dry. The hush puppies were fantastic.

1 Thank William S
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“K cook I'm done too”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Went in for a quick hamburger and salad. Waited over 30 minutes NO food NO explanation why it was taking so long. There were no other diners waiting for food. This poor nurse in front of me, her take out order was a train wreck don't know how long she had waited. Place had a 91 health rating not good. Very dirty, Hardee's should have stayed and this guy need to go back to the service station he came from.

Visited August 2013
Bolivia, North Carolina
“I'm done!!!”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

being a local I try to shop the mom &pop places in our county.
I've been to the grill about 10 times . each time hoping they figured
out how to serve properly. the waitress I got most of the time must be related
coz she doesn't have a clue what good service is! THE FOOD IS GOOD !!!
But till they can cut down times an get wait staff that knows what they're
doing never again actually walked out this am. threw 2.00 bucks on the
counter for my tea .waited 45 minutes after ordering sorry for you Sal
best of luck with that staff !!!!

Visited January 2013