“A Pleasure”

Inlet View Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Shallotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In 1978, C.W Hughes, Jr., who owned a paving company, and his wife Allison, a retired nurse, bought a small grill, motel and marina previously called Gregory's. It was located at the mouth of the Shallotte River and the Intracoastal Waterway. The grill had 13 stools around a bar and a small tackle shop. It was named Hughes Marina and home of the Poor Boy Shark Tournament for 14 years. It was a popular restaurant with the locals. It became home for Jr., Allison and their 11-year-old daughter, Samantha. For many of those years they poured their hearts and souls into the restaurant and marina. Their other daughter Amy and her husband John, both teachers, moved from Georgia to help. It continued to get bigger and attract more customers. In 1992, the girls took over the business, which continued to grow until they closed in 2004. On July 30, 2009, Sam and Timmy, her fiancé, opened the doors of Inlet View, a restaurant with a new look and an elevator that can take you to breathtaking views both from the restaurant on the first floor and a panoramic view from the bar on the second floor, which is surrounded by decks. Their dream became real with the help of friends and family.
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Just imagine docking your boat, meeting some nice people and having a delicious breakfast before spending the rest of the day on the water. These folks were very accommodating, even though we were late for breakfast. Great food and Gorgeous view.

1  Thank burninern3
Tim M, Owner at Inlet View Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2014

We are glad that you enjoyed your breakfast. Sounds like you had a wonderful day.Come again.
Gratefully, Inlet View Bar & Grill

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Overlooking the intracoastal waterway from a covered deck where you can eat outside, year round thanks to the clear weather proofing. This is a popular place with third floor bar, great scenery and fantastic food. Even when crowded, seating is fairly quick. Take in a corn hole game while you wait, or just gaze across the inlet and waterway. Dock your boat and step on up to the restaurant or take an easy drive from local beaches. Service is friendly and fast. The food has always been hot and delicious. I love this place.

1  Thank cltprol
Tim M, Owner at Inlet View Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

We deeply appreciate your positive review of our business. We are very pleased that you got to enjoy many favorite aspects of what we have to offer. It is always most rewarding to hear directly from our customers and especially those willing to provide their positive perspective with the online world and beyond. Please revisit us soon and often.

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Since I'm new to the area I have been using Trip Advisor much more. This time looking for a new place to dine outside, I was told about Inlet View. I can say that I enjoyed myself tonight. Food all around was good, not great but good. I'm not a huge fan of deep fried seafood but as I looked around and took in all the aromas as they were passing under my nose I thought this is something I could get use to.

The service was fabulous and each of the servers were very attentive of what was going on all around them. At one point one of the guests got a little rowdy and within in seconds a manager or security was there to take care of the situation. The gentleman who was visibly impaired was taken downstairs and given a more quiet area to sit and calm down. He was given some water and the man attending to him had a burger (I think) ordered for him. Also a cab was called for him. The man did eat some of his food but then the can pulled up. His food was boxed and he was walked to his cab. I never heard anyone ask for any payment.
I was very happy to see that this business was ran with such good policies. I take comfort in knowing that I could drive home and not have to worry about someone who had a few to many cocktails. I commend you on your efforts to keep us all safe!

2  Thank Danny L

When you come again, you might want to try the grilled seafood also. The smell of the fried seafood is really tempting. We try to make everyone's experience as pleasant as we can. Thank you for coming. Gratefully, Inlet View Bar & Grill

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Excellent seafood! Senior citizens discount too! View over the inlet and waterway was so beautiful! We did have to wait for our food, but Karen our waitress, brought out the hushpuppies with honeybutter and they were delicious. She kept our sweet tea (which is wonderful) filled up. A party of 13 came in right before us, so we had to wait, which is okay, we enjoyed the surroundings! Just make sure to time it right if you don't want to wait, don't come at 6 pm, get there before dinner time! My family and I will be back! We have a house outside of Shallotte near Shallotte River, so our drive was only about 15 mins. They have corn hole games set up outside, and you can walk around the boat docks, and you can always look at the memorabilia that is on the walls. Family run business, and they were so friendly, especially apologizing for us having to wait for your food. Even one of the daughters, who is owner, came by and talked with us and aplogized! I would recommend going, even if you have to wait!!!

1  Thank TMabe
Tim M, Owner at Inlet View Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2014

Thank you for your kind words about Inlet View Bar & Grill. It is always a great pleasure to hear that we are serving our customers well. Thank you for understanding the wait time, everything is cooked to order. We look forward to serving you again soon. Gratefully, Inlet View Bar & Grill

Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for dessert. Restaurant is definitely a winding drive through the back woods. But this fun colorful place is worth it. I enjoyed my coconut cake sitting outside by the water.

Thank you for finding us. We are off the beated path. Hopefully you can return and spent some more time with us.. Thanks again.