“A Buck for a Dab of Coleslaw????”

Inlet View Bar and Grill
Ranked #2 of 48 Restaurants in Shallotte
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In 1978, C.W Hughes, Jr., who owned a paving company, and his wife Allison, a retired nurse, bought a small grill, motel and marina previously called Gregory's. It was located at the mouth of the Shallotte River and the Intracoastal Waterway. The grill had 13 stools around a bar and a small tackle shop. It was named Hughes Marina and home of the Poor Boy Shark Tournament for 14 years. It was a popular restaurant with the locals. It became home for Jr., Allison and their 11-year-old daughter, Samantha. For many of those years they poured their hearts and souls into the restaurant and marina. Their other daughter Amy and her husband John, both teachers, moved from Georgia to help. It continued to get bigger and attract more customers. In 1992, the girls took over the business, which continued to grow until they closed in 2004. On July 30, 2009, Sam and Timmy, her fiancé, opened the doors of Inlet View, a restaurant with a new look and an elevator that can take you to breathtaking views both from the restaurant on the first floor and a panoramic view from the bar on the second floor, which is surrounded by decks. Their dream became real with the help of friends and family.
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Just not impressed with Inlet View. Yes, the view is beautiful, especially from the third floor outside deck, but just an extra touch or two would have made my visit enjoyable instead of less than average. I ordered grilled scallops, and the waitress said, "Sandwich?". I said, "No, thank you. Just scallops with fries as the side". What arrived for eleven dollars and 25 cents was five grilled scallops on a bun with fries. So much for bringing a sandwich anyway, but no lettuce or tomato in sight - just five scallops on a bun.Huh? Ever hear of at least asking if the patron wants lettuce and tomato if supplying it as a regular garnish is too costly? Usually, most orders of this type in our area will also include at least a small bit of cole slaw. Nope. I asked for a little cole slaw, and was brought a tiny condiment cup of slaw. I thought, "Could they spare it?" Cole slaw is not expensive. And yes, on my bill was an upcharge of one dollar for that tiny condiment cup of slaw. C'mon Guys - loosen up a bit and please make those plates look nice for the prices you charge.

1  Thank CatalanYankeeGirl
There are newer reviews for Inlet View Bar and Grill

Reviewed July 27, 2013

This place is at the end of the road in shallotte point . Very nice place to relax and enjoy its at the convergence of shallotte river and inland waterway. I grew up on that river. The food is priced reasonably but you can go extreme if you want to . It's a great place for a family but has a bar and entertainment on the top floor if your more into a party mood. I recommend the she crab soup! Tell Sam I sent you by the way Sam is a young lady and she is genuinely interested in providing you with the best food or service. She loves the public.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We wanted fresh sea food for our last night in NC, so we tried the Inlet! The food was delicious! Service was excellent! I believe our waitress was Michelle! She was so nice! Kept drinks fills and the kids happy! Would def go back again! Glad we got there early as there was a wait when we were leaving!

Reviewed July 27, 2013

It was our great pleasure to stumble across a wonderful restaurant near Ocean Isle Beach NC. I had been eating fried (Calabash) seafood for a few days and was ready for some grilled. Someone told us about the view at Inlet View Restaurant near Shallotte NC and we decided to check it out. Not only did we find outstanding blackened and grill grouper and flounder but some of the very best hush puppies ever. It turns out that the hush puppies were made by the sister (Miss Amy) of the owner and that they were based on her grandmother's recipe. It is very easy to overcook hush puppies but these were absolutely perfect. The real surprise came when we had the "she crab soup". That was probably the very best seafood soup I have ever enjoyed. The cole slaw was freshly made and complimented the rest of the meal perfectly.

The atmosphere was ideal for adults and families. They have outdoor games and quality live music on the upper deck. The bar area was very comfortable and the views of the inlet were outstanding. This place will definitely be on our "keeper list" for our next visit to the area.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

we went to inlet view on Friday, july 19th. we had a party of 8 and expected to wait with a group that large. we arrived at 7:13 pm and put our name with the hostesses (there were three of them, all very young). they said expect to wait 30 minutes, 45 tops. after an hour, my daughter in law went to the desk to see where we were. the hostess said another 30 minutes. now I realize you can't guess how long people are going to sit at a table but an hour and a half is pretty ridiculous. had we known from the beginning, we would have ate somewhere else. anyways, after another 15 minutes, my son and his family (2 young girls) said they were going to have to leave to get the girls some food. I said hold on, i'll go tell them to put us at two four tops. I went to the desk and told the hostesses this. they said no need, your table is only a few minutes away. after 20 minutes, my son's family left and I was getting pretty steamed. I went back up to the desk and told them we were now down to four. I looked down at the seating list and our name had been scribbled through! I asked what the hell was going on and all three girls just looked at each other. one said that last eight top was supposed to be theirs and the girl who sat it just walked away. five minutes later we were sat at a four top. I looked at my watch when our food arrived and it was 9:13, two hours after our arrival. our waitress was fantastic, kept our drinks full the entire meal. the food was average at best. my wife had the flounder and shrimp and didn't finish it. I had the ribeye and it was flavorless and stringy. my son had the grilled chicken and said it was very good. I didn't complain about the wait to management, i'm not the type of guy looking for freebies. I just learned a valuable lesson and won't be back. I think the inlet view needs to get some "adults" at the hostess desk.