“Great food, Great staff”

San Jose Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 48 Restaurants in Shallotte
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 4, 2014

This is by far the best and freshest Mexican food in Shallotte. All of the vegetables are fresh and the salsa is very tasty and freshly prepared. It is really up scale Mexican at its best. The service is always very good and the servers go out of their way to accommodate you. I am very confused by some of the reviews. I have never encountered better service anywhere.

Reviewed May 2, 2014

Just had the chicken and spinach enchilada with spinach sauce - aboslutely to die for especially you are not one for extra spicy food. They also have the best chicken soup I have ever eaten. All my friends love it. Guacamole made fresh at the table is wonderful. Servers are great - all are gracious and attentive. Eat here at least once a week. Beer is also always good and cold. Will keep going back.

Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

my wife told me about this restaurant we went together in a bussines meeting the service and food are great i will recomend this eestaurant!

1  Thank rafaluci10
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Today was my 3rd time visiting san jose. The first and second time were okay. Service has been awful every time but today really sent me over the edge. We walk in they don't greet you. My daughter spilt her drink amd I ask for some napkins becaise I only had three and was ignored finally on the third time he got some napkins. Let's not forget to mention he seen we had a spilt drink and just sat there and look at us. So then after I cleaned up the mess. We ask if we could move tables because it was a tight area and out server acted like it was the end of the world. Very very rude. So we spoke to manager and paid for our drinks and left. We shouldn't of paid for anything. My worst experience ever at a resturant. I'm a server and I treat people with respect and I'm friendly so I think I deserve the same when I go out to eat.

1  Thank ruiz2011
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I have tried this place twice, and both times have left feeling so disappointed. The food is terrible, and I always leave feeling sick. I have tried it twice because of the wonderful service, but can not justify going in again. Typical Mexican restaurant menu, with typical kid menu options. You will pay more if your kids want chicken fingers. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone right now.