“Terrible will not be back”

San Jose Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 47 Restaurants in Shallotte
Cuisines: Mexican
“Terrible will not be back”
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Today was my 3rd time visiting san jose. The first and second time were okay. Service has been awful every time but today really sent me over the edge. We walk in they don't greet you. My daughter spilt her drink amd I ask for some napkins becaise I only had three and was ignored finally on the third time he got some napkins. Let's not forget to mention he seen we had a spilt drink and just sat there and look at us. So then after I cleaned up the mess. We ask if we could move tables because it was a tight area and out server acted like it was the end of the world. Very very rude. So we spoke to manager and paid for our drinks and left. We shouldn't of paid for anything. My worst experience ever at a resturant. I'm a server and I treat people with respect and I'm friendly so I think I deserve the same when I go out to eat.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank ruiz2011

“Terrible Food, Great Service”
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

I have tried this place twice, and both times have left feeling so disappointed. The food is terrible, and I always leave feeling sick. I have tried it twice because of the wonderful service, but can not justify going in again. Typical Mexican restaurant menu, with typical kid menu options. You will pay more if your kids want chicken fingers. I would not recommend this restaurant to anyone right now.

• Visited April 2014
Shallotte, North Carolina
“The food is so fresh, delicious and great beer”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have read the negative reviews and can't believe they went to the same restaurant. This is my favorite restaurant in the area. I love their refried beans, and the fresh vegetables served with the fajitas are delicious. The music from their sound system is real mexican music; I would go just for the draft beer and music. The servers are so warm and friendly; the service is fast. I love the whole experience.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank cameron000
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst Mexican Food”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This was by far the worst Mexican food we have ever had. We got the queso dip which had the consistency of water. My taco salad was so full of liquid it looked like soup and the fried chimichanga he ordered was an unfried chicken tortilla covered in sauce. We both felt sick afterwards. You'll get better food at Taco Bell.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Sarahraleigh1
South Carolina Low Country
“Not my favorite Mexican Restaurant, but I'm still excited to go”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

They present their food in a bit more sophisticated way than some Mexican places, but I honestly don't care much about presentation. My main beef with this place is their salad. I adore a good Mexican salad with lettuce, tomato, guacamole, and crema. Theirs, however, is straight out of a bag--red cabbage, carrots, and all. I don't like that; it's just not the same. That being said, it is my husband's favorite place. Their queso fundido is really delicious, and their prices are a bit lower than most places. Service is great, and you can buy chips and salsa to-go. Yay!

• Visited August 2013