“Best ribs”

Duffer's Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 48 Restaurants in Shallotte
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Duffers has a great menu,great service and the friendliest owner around. The best ribs in two states.Their ribeye is to die for. They also have the best burger in town,but you better be hungry if you order it. The restaurant is decorated in golf memoribilia and is very well done.

There are newer reviews for Duffer's Bar & Grill

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This has to do with a meal I ordered while out with our friends, whereas the food was so inferior that I was not in a position of good conscious to pay for it, but which I ultimately did.

Our waitress (Kassi) either could not or would not reach any manager (if there was one), so I had no choice but to pay and leave.

Meal was one of the worst I have ever had. And no resolution even after bringing up to the waitress. And for the next two days I had what was either or related to suspected food poisoning from same.

I personally feel bad about this as I am a "local" in the area, and would have like to have further patronized the place myself and with other guests of mine in the future, but after this experience it is not possible at this time.

I encourage the owner Tim Madison to investigate and resolve. At the very least, I was "taken".

2  Thank Roger U
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Hey if you are looking for a decent no frills pub and burger joint this is the place. Menu has the traditional club sandwiches, burgers, soups and fried fish n chips entrees. Not a bad selection of beer either. Service is a bit slow but most people down here are never in a hurry. So if you happen to be on one of our excellent golf courses this fall and need a bit of lunch, this is a good choice because Shallotte has very few decent offerings in the restaurant business.
Prices are very reasonable too
Check out the golf legends hanging on the walls

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Have tried several things on the menu, none bad. Particularly like the roast beef sandwich, and the beer is always cold. Not a great place to bring children with the bar-like atmosphere, but wonderful for 4 or 5 adults to gather for fun and food.

Reviewed October 20, 2012

So, I was on vacation at Holden Beach - have come there for over 30 years and past several years had begun a tradition of eating at Duffer's. This year, however, our view was changed of the establishment. Please note this is NOT a review of their food but the "hostess"/ cleaning lady. We came in on Saturday evening - Oct 13 - and noticed when the hostess seated the party of 4 before us she made the comment that she would seat them but not sure when they "could get to you". One of party members actually turned around to us and shook her head. They were then seated in a booth. NOTE, the restaurant was busy but there were booths and tables available and not a shortage of waitresses. The hostess returns after taking a break to talk to the kitchen help (we could see her) and tells us that we will have to set at the bar (truly the bar - not a table) and again, says not sure if and when we would be waited on. OK - I worked in restaurants in Ocean City MD when I was going thru college - the hostess would NEVER ever think such a thing let alone voice it to a patron. I am sorry to report - obviously - that we will never return and have passed this on to other folks we know who visit the area. It is a shame as the food is really very tasty with great prices. The own should consider hiring a new hostess - one who actually cares about this business and dresses like a hostess - not a cleaning lady.

1  Thank sue N