“Nice Surprise”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Selma
Owings, Maryland
“Nice Surprise”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stopped at the Quality Inn in Selma for a one night stay while on a road trip. I had stopped at some other hotels previously while on my road trip and was pleasantly surprised that this hotel was much better than several other hotels that I had stayed during the course of my trip. The hotel room was clean, comfortable and nicely furnished. The complimentary breakfast was great with many items to choose from. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stopped at this hotel for the night and we had a delicious breakfast the next mornng, all the help was great. We left the next morning and it wasn't until we were at our destination that we realized we left our briefcase in the room. We called right away and yes it was turned in. We had money in there along with gift cards and our checkbook. This was a friday night and the manager couldnt do anything till Monday, he was very helpful and we finally got it on wednesday and to our surprise everything was in there. Thank God for honest people. What a relief, I was on pins and needles till the package came. thank you all who work in that hotel. Agnes M. Kosko

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Bailey, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed October 12, 2012

This place is a keeper. Honestly at first when I walked into the lobby, it was kinda dark and gloomy, and we all know first impressions are important. The front desk clerk was very friendly and check in was fast. But Im glad I kept an open mind about this hotel because the room was beautiful. I can tell that they had done some renovations, and it was well worth it. I rented a non-smoking room with a king bed. The room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful as well, I was expecting just the basic breakfast but was I suprised. They did have the usual cereal and fruit but they also had sausage biscuits, waffles, eggs, and sausage links. We will stay here again. Thank you for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Browns Mills, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Great place to stop on the way to Fla from NJ especially with three Border Collies.
The fact that they keep notes on people who stay with dogs is a great idea. Irresponsible people don't get to come back. Responsible people get well taken care of.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Kryn W
New Jersey
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Be careful here... my son and his girlfriend's family spent Saturday night here as a resting point on their drive down to Florida from New Jersey. By Sunday my son was covered with more than 40 bites! The hotel staff said that they had had problems with bed bugs in the past, but not in his room.... really? They should know that bed bugs are very insidious and they and their eggs can be carried around by bags, clothing, bottoms of shoes, etc. I understand that sometimes this can't be helped, especially nowadays with the resurgence of bed bugs since new pesticide regulations were put in place. But I know that I would want to know if someplace I intended to stay has bed bugs. I also know that sometimes hotels do not handle this situation properly and try to sweep these things under the rug... not sure if or how this hotel is handling it so make sure you check for bed bugs and signs of bed bugs before you check in!!

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank musicwine2
Pasadena, Maryland
Reviewed May 15, 2012

We made an unplanned stop at the Quality Inn in Selma, NC for one night on our way south. Overall, it was an acceptable stop. The pluses: very clean room and bathroom, above average breakfast, friendly staff. The minuses: fair amount of road noise from I 95, no king sized beds, and a very soft mattress.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed April 26, 2012

We stayed there one night. The room was clean, comfortable, quiet. We will recommend!
p.s.: The clerk that checked us in was a bit rude.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield
Best Western Smithfield Inn
Best Western Smithfield Inn
#2 of 10 in Smithfield
Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!