“Great Stay”

Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Selma
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Very convenient to the local area. Easy access to the highway. Safe location. Friendly and efficient staff. Clean and well appointed. Everything was in working order. Internet speed was good and consistent.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Didn't know the area so I used traveler ratings. I am pleased to report that this hotel matched the ratings and our expectations. The staff was very helpful, the rooms clean and nicely appointed, and the free breakfast was a great convenience. It was clear that others felt the same way as this was the busiest hotel in the areas.

Right down the block is an outlet mall and restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We booked these rooms the day we arrived. We were lucky to get them on the big driving weekend after Thanksgiving. The front desk was warm and friendly and got us set up quickly.

I splurged for the jacuzzi king, and it was just like being in a Hampton 10-15 years ago. This one hasn't been updated, but has been beautifully maintained. Everything was clean. The room was HUGE. The bath was relaxing.

There was an offered hot breakfast, but we didn't partake as we had a breakfast date with family.

Nice stop in the Carolinas on a road trip. Would stay again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Driving from Florida during thankgiving weekend , needed a convenient, clean, safe place for an overnight. This place fit the bill perfectly, staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was fine except for the scrambled eggs, and price while could have been lower was reasonable for the time period.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this Selma Hampton Inn last night. Clean, attractive Hampton Inn formula accommodation.
Do not accept room ending in _07, because of the hotels configuration the bed headboard wall lies directly against the elevator shaft wall ( low rumble and low vibration until the last guest retires and again at around 6am onwards as guests go for breakfast).
Otherwise, a nice hotel.
We requested to move rooms (2 queen bed config as traveling with our 2 kids), but due to high occupancy only other elevator shaft rooms were available, so we endured the elevator shaft for the night.
Would use the hotel again but NOT an elevator shaft room ... Watch out for _10's too, as the elevator lobby is right in front of the rooms door.

Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed November 22, 2013

I always stay at Hampton Inn when possible. I always find them to be very clean and the continental breakfasts are above the normal continental breakfasts that are served at other hotels. I would most definitely use this location again. Also it is right next to DeWayne's you have to visit there as well

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stopped on our return visit from NJ in Sept. Nice clean, friendly and close to I95. Have stayed here many times during our trips back and foth to NJ from Florida. Really nice people! The service was great and Breakfasts was very good also, hot and choices were good.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Fairfield Inn & Suites Smithfield Selma/I-95
#2 of 7 in Selma
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Smithfield-Selma I-95
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Smithfield, NC
Sleep Inn & Suites Smithfield

Been to Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95? Share your experiences!