Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsoutlet mallroom was cleangreat stopstay there againcomplimentary breakfastnice breakfastcookiesthe entire hotelmyrtle beachpleasant stayoatmealnorth carolinagreat place to staybreakfast staffconvenient locationoff the highwaythe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 20, 2013

The staff was great! However, they said they met their quota for the day and would not be able to accept the AARP or AAA card. The fitness center was horrible and if I didn't have my bands with me I wouldn't have had any workout. The shower in the room was not working well.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Jay P, General Manager at Hampton Inn Selma / Smithfield I-95, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

I am sorry to hear about the numerous issues you encountered while staying with us. However, I am happy that you took to the time to make me aware of your concerns so that the proper corrective action could be implemented.

First, I would like to apologize for you not being able to utilize your AAA discount. We value our AAA guests/members and It was only after receiving that complaint from a few guests that we learned our we had our AAA availability incorrectly set up. This problem has since been corrected.

I am also happy to report we are in the process of updating our fitness center equipment and within the next couple weeks you will find a much better fitness center facility. The shower has also been reviewed per the maintenance staff and that specific room issue has also been resolved.

I understand you being unsatisfied with your stay and in the spirit of Hamptonality and our 100% Guarantee, I would like to refund your stay. Please call me at your convenience and I will be happy to take care of this for you.

Barbara Maye
General Manager - Hampton Inn Selma, NC
919-965-6151

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Hampton Inn Hotels are quality hotels and worth the value. This Hampton Inn met the standard, great beds, quiet and had an excellent complimentary breakfast; this is something the other hotel chains need to emulate. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Very friendly and helpful staff. So nice to know you can count on Hampton to be consistently clean and accommodating. I made reservations as I was driving, looking for a Hampton along I95. Reservationist (Kim) was extremely helpful looking for the best/easiest place for me.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have really come to enjoy staying at new Hampton Inns. The foyer is great and the free breakfast can't be beat. I usually stay while on business, but this trip was with the family for a reunion. The gents in the room next to us were very loud at 0200 and we could hear their phone ring at 0600 for their wake-up call. So we didn't sleep great. And the guests below us decided to smoke and it went up the bathroom vent into our room. So unfortunately we're more dissappointed with the quality of the guests in this hotel than the hotel itself. However the vents shouldn't connect and the rooms should be more sound-proof. We reported the smoke smell to the front desk and housekeeper and they were both very gracious, admitting that someone was smoking in the room below us. This is a non-smoking hotel, so I hope they enjoy their hefty room cleaning charge.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Andrew S
Reviewed May 28, 2013

All of the staff were freindly and handled our check in promptly. The room was quiet, clean and comfortable with everything we needed. The breakfast really helps avoid stopping somewhere else on our journey and is a great way to start our day. Parking was so convenient that leaving was easy and it was an easy on and off to our trip. I would definitely stay again. Thanks.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple