“Great Service and great value” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Selma

Days Inn Selma
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Selma
Essex England
“Great Service and great value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2006

We stopped here whilst driving to Myrtle Beach and loved the service provided. Upon arrival there was cold lemonade and cookies plus 24 hour coffee. The rooms all had an internal corridor and there was an exercise room with 2 running machines - we used these as we had been stuck inside the car all day.
We drove over to the Outlet Mall for some shopping and took in a Movie at the Smithfiled end - behind the steakhouses - before continuning our trip.
The breakfast buffet was cereals, fruit, pastries and hot drinks.
The hotel was clean and the staff were very helpful. We tried to re-book for a night on our return trip but it was full. I guess others know how good it is here.

2 Thank Tappy Feet

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Salisbury, MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2005

I hesitated to book a room here due to the previous comment, but did so anyway because it was exactly where I needed to be on a specific date. I guess the hotel got the message rather strongly because when we checked in I was conscious of everything said in the previous review, but found nothing. The room was clean, comfortable and was a non smoking room that had no smoke smell (as if someone had cheated). Don't get me wrong, this isn't the Waldorf or anything near a 5 star resort, but it is clean, has a free continental breakfast, a restaurant next door, and is just far enough off I-95 to not get road noise. The pool is small but clean and usable. The hotel does not look very old, and the interior halls are more attractive than the outside. AC worked well, 2 comfortable queen beds, standard room, and free high speed internet if you get a cable from the front desk. Desk staff seemed to have good knowledge of surrounding area, outlet shopping as well as knowledge of further distances and directions. I would have no problem recommending this property as compared to everything else around it.

• Stayed June 2005
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
4 Thank razord
Advance, NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2005

After hauling our luggage up to our room, I cleaned everything with the antibacterial wipes I had. Good thing, because I would not take my socks off in the room and after three trips across the room my white socks were grossly black. I can only imagine the germs that were in there. I have never been so disappointed in the chain that owns this hotel. I can say that the people at the desk were helpful and nice and the location is good. Needless to say we did not stay for the second night.

• Stayed July 2004
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
3 Thank BCHGRLZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Quality Inn
Country Inn and Suites by Carlson, Smithfield
BEST WESTERN Smithfield Inn
BEST WESTERN Smithfield Inn
#2 of 10 in Smithfield

Been to Days Inn Selma? Share your experiences!